Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Trading Post > Store Links and Info
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
2002'er

Exclamation Introducing: The X-Customs NV

X-Customs is extremely proud to present the X-Customs NV, the pinnacle of all ESP triggers.

Introduction

The X-Customs NV is the result of eight long months of research and product development. With its innovative features and its ergonomically-inspired profile, the NV closes the gap between traditional Spyder trigger systems and high-end quality.

Features

- CNC Machined 6061 Aluminum, finished and anodized
- Dual ABEC-3 Certified Ball Bearing Pivot System
- Magnetic Return
- Eliminated Side-to-Side Slack
- Independent Front and Rear Slack Adjustability
- Ergonomically-Designed Profile with Contoured Edges
- Hall FX Kit – Ready
- Compatible with all ESP Trigger Frames (unsure of the AMG frame)

The X-Customs NV has a unique set of features strategically designed to enhance the performance of the ESP trigger system. Among these are a few key features worth noting:

Dual Ball Bearing Pivot System
This innovation accomplishes two very-remarkable improvements, the significant reduction of pivot friction and the elimination of side-to-side slack. With the NV’s dual ball-bearing setup, the trigger pull is noticeably smoother than its predecessors. This unique anti-friction sensation is a significant improvement over stock and is extremely competitive with high-end marker setups.

Improving side-to-side slack has historically been a key goal in most Spyder trigger designs, but few have succeeded like the X-Customs NV. Side-to-side slack, which once caused “sloppy” and “inconsistent” trigger pulls is now extinct. The X-Customs NV effortlessly travels only forward and backward.

Independent Front and Rear Slack Adjustability
2-point adjustability is a necessity for any competitive trigger setup. The X-Customs NV not only offers this adjustability but also provides a new way to adjust forward slack. In most current setups, front slack must be adjusted by removing the trigger frame, turning a screw, and reattaching the frame to the body (a guess-and-check process). The NV’s one-of-a-kind forward-slack adjustment point is located behind the trigger, allowing convenient and accurate adjustments.

Hall FX Kit – Ready
With a perfectly-sized magnet embedded in the backside, the X-Customs NV is the only trigger on the market that is directly compatible with the X-Customs Hall FX Kit. This reduces Hall FX installation time and eliminates any potential mishaps installing a magnet to a stock or aftermarket trigger.

Production Information

The first X-Customs NV triggers will be available in a BLACK POLISHED finish. Pricing and ordering information are available on the X-Customs website: http://www.x-customs.com. When ordering, please indicate in which Spyder the trigger will be installed so that the correct magnets may be included.

ETA for first shipment: AVAILABLE NOW!

SPYDER CUP PARTICIPANTS – X-Customs is offering an exclusive discount to all Spyder Cup participants! Check the website for more details.

Bundle Option

X-Customs will also be offering additional discounts on bundled orders. Check the website for more details.

X-Customs NV - The Pinnacle Spyder Trigger
X-Customs Hall FX Kit - "Genius" Magnetic Trigger Switch System
X-Customs SwiX - 50g Solderless Microswitch

Last edited by Xyxyll : 01-11-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
2002'er

Thumbs up Re: Introducing: The X-Customs NV

Here are some discussions from other introduction threads that are worth repeating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by System=Pwnt View Post
I'd like that trigger in silver. Does it work well with the magnet on the hall FX? (smooth surface for it to attach)
One of my prototypes is silver, and it definitely looks great. Silver will be one of the available colors after the first batch.

The trigger was developed at the same time as the Hall FX Kit, so they work perfectly together. In fact, the NV is the only trigger available that already has a magnet attached to its backside. The magnet sits flush with the backside of the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by System=Pwnt View Post
One thing I'm worried about, is how far away does the magnet have to be to not activate the switch?
As far as the trigger's position when firing the Hall FX, the NV fires the Hall FX Kit right near the Hall FX Kit housing itself... about the same place it would fire a regular-switched ESP frame. Non-NV triggers should also be approximately the same place but may activate the sensor from a little further away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
LOL, OneUp had waaaaay too much at a grad party today, LOL.

I think this entire setup between the hall FX kit and this trigger is absolutely awesome. The only thing I want to put out there is that I hope this trigger will eliminate all of that side to side slop that the stock triggers have. If it does, the spyders will finally have triggers that feel as nice as some of the higher end markers.

You already have the CADs and stuff for the normal NV trigger, just adapt them to fit the VS AND make a slightly different one. I love the triggers on my NME LE and my DM6. If you can make a VS trigger that's anything like either of them, it'd be one of the best triggers around. I'd buy one and I don't even own a VS yet.
The NV trigger when measured from the bottom of the tip, wobbles only 1mm from left to right.

Adapting it for a VS will be a little more complicated than it sounds, but I will begin working on one as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3_0n3 View Post
YEAH!!!!!! You guys came out with new stuff!!!!

'k a few things:

1. Make the SwiX, NV triggers and the Hall FX kit for VS series. As well as future products please!!!!

2. Please get info on whether the stuff can work on the AMG.

3. If everything works on the AMG, could I use all three products? (the triggers, microswitch and magnet kit)

4. Whats your next upgrade you make gonna be?

EDIT: 5. Will any of the products work on any other frame?

Great job though. Glad to see you guys making some new products.
1. At this time, neither the SwiX, NV, nor Hall FX Kit works for the VS series. A VS Hall FX Kit and VS NV are being seriously considered.

2. If someone is interested in verifying the AMG and purchases a NV, I will refund the purchase (upon return of the trigger) if it does not fit. I am 90% confident it will fit with no problems though.

3. If the NV is confirmed as fitting the AMG, all three products, the SwiX, NV, and Hall FX Kit will be compatible with the AMG. Currently both the SwiX and Hall FX Kits are 100% compatible with the AMG.

4. It takes quite a long time to bring a quality idea from concept to production, so I will not be releasing specific information regarding future upgrades from X-Customs.

5. As far as I know, the SwiX and Hall FX Kit are only 100% compatible with the Spyder ESP frames. My understanding is some Dragun frames may accept Spyder switches, but I would be cautious about installing a Hall FX Kit on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tselanne View Post
will the trigger work on a stock microswitch? or do we need to buy the kit along w/the trigger?
Yes it will. It will work on any Spyder microswitch or the Hall FX Kit.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:19 AM
2002'er

Default Re: Introducing: The X-Customs NV

Thread updated with new pictures. I am considering discontinuing the NV in lieu of other projects. This would mean that when this last batch is gone, well... it's gone. If anyone feels otherwise or wishes for a batch in a different color, let me know.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Not too new guy

You haven't though about making a batch for the MR series guns have you?

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

damn.
thats so sexy. reminds me of the CP trigger.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
2002'er

Lightbulb Re: Introducing: The X-Customs NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb34
You haven't though about making a batch for the MR series guns have you?
I may pursue a trigger compatible with the MR and VS frames, but this would entail complete redesign, prototyping, and production, which is quite an investment. If enough interest is genuinely received, I will consider it, but I cannot make any promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumper
damn.
thats so sexy. reminds me of the CP trigger.
Thanks. It took only a few hours to design the front face, but preparing the rest of the trigger to match it aesthetically took months.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Not too new guy

Alright. I remember when I saw you at that black cat scenario event with that silver trigger. I knew it was a prototype for something!

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
2002'er

Thumbs up Re: Introducing: The X-Customs NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb34
Alright. I remember when I saw you at that black cat scenario event with that silver trigger. I knew it was a prototype for something!

I don't know if you plan on making the trek, but Black Cat will be hosting another scenario game at Skyline Paintball (Strasburg, VA) the first weekend in April. I will definitely be there again.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Not too new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll

I don't know if you plan on making the trek, but Black Cat will be hosting another scenario game at Skyline Paintball (Strasburg, VA) the first weekend in April. I will definitely be there again.
Possibly, I'm going on a cruise with my school either the first or second weekend in April not quite sure which. If I do end up going I'll let you know and we could meet up and you could show me some super secret X-Customs plans

Edit: Just checked it out on their website and it says the weekend of March 28th. So hopefully I'll be able to make it up!

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Its the evil YouTube guy

wow, that looks sweet,
if you don't mind me asking......
what program do you use to design that? then how do you make it real, like, what company do you send the design to for them to make it?
whats does that company charge?

or is that way out of range for the average person who loves CAD programs?