Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: What's your opinion?

if anyone says 'agg' or any other prepubescent phrase similar to that from this post forward, im going to murder you!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Resident *******

Aggsauce?

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
if anyone says 'agg' or any other prepubescent phrase similar to that from this post forward, im going to murder you!
Isn't that the new Agg way of saying, "Please don't say that word because it will annoy me and everyone else and it really shows that you're in the pre-pubescent stages of your lifespan? If you want to be taken seriously please speak in the standard acceptable fashion. Thank you very much and I truly hope you have a great day!"????

Hehehehehehe!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Aggsauce?
aggro???
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post

Sauce...

You are A G G - A - L I C I O U S !!!
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Spyder Addict

I can't speak for all over the country but here there is a big change in the sport.

There seems to be a swing among players and business owners toward milsim/scenario due to cost...stores aren't even stocking high or even mid end markeres. Order only.

The cost of 200 gallons of paint in the air has caught up with Michigans terrible economy.

I believe the rise in our sport to a format (tourney ball) that can be looked at by people out side the paintball community as a legitimate sport and not just weekend warriors, spurred an industry driven by people out to make a buck. People that really care more about their egos and personal domination than the sport itself. Advancement and innovation that push the sport of paintball as a whole (scenario and tourney) in a positive direction has been replaced by rip off artists pushing garbage with a popular name.

These same "Business Men" also sold out the integrity of our sport down the drain and target immature and irresponsible teens and young adults with slogans and products that would make a sailor blush.

Our sport on it's own is finding it's way back to it's roots. A good time with friends, sportsmanship and maybe even a few bragging rights.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM
MR's 4 Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKEFIRST View Post
immature and irresponsible teens and young adults
I think that's the biggest issue in my area. Not that all of them are like that, but there are alot of em. We're always talking about how maturity and responsibility are important in this game, and I just don't see enough of it. We got people running through the woods shooting animals just to test there guns, then they wonder why there's hardly anywhere left, outside of tribal and private land, where we're aloud to play.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Life is peachy

well I know this post is gonna probably draw alot of negative attention from alot of members here but is my opinion, and since we are on the kick of sportsmenship and respect I expect this post to be treated as such.

We talk about going back to our routs how friendly the game way ect. When you think back to the early ballin days most of it was tactical woodsball. Low Bps shootouts and alot more comrodery and fun. Then the tourny scean eventually come along. To me that was the turning point and paintball took a sour dive. even today it cannot be disputed that woodsball and scenario play are far more friendlier then tourny ball. There are lumps of corse in all of paintball regardless of style but I honestly feel there is alot less with woods and scenario.
tournyball come in and continually progressed brining along with it a very poor aditudes and sporting catchy slogans like "Contract killa" that can only help hype up the ego's of overly agressive players. Those players who usually attempt to show there skills on players that have never played before.

I play at many corses here in Canada, and I have never come across such poor sportsmen ship. I belive that a large part of that is due to the fact that if I can I avoid the tourny scean all together and only frequent the woodsball and scenario leagues. any time I end up near the tourny scean its allways the same garbage. So again allthough its not a popular opinion I stand by it. Paintball doesnt have a problem, tournament ball has a problem.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I piss excellence

I think I understand where everyone is coming from, but I think I see it differently. To me, paintball is in the growing pains stage of life. Nothing is going particularly well, but I think that the sport as a whole will grow out of it.

Honestly, I think this is a necessary stage for paintball to become a larger sport. You guys talk about kids calling themselves agg and having poor sportsmanship. Think about how bad it is in other mainstream sports. I think that paintball turning to a business in the long run will help paintball. The fact that money is involved gets it closer to being like other sports. Sure some companys will go out of business... But I think that soon, it will turn around stronger than it ever was.

Just my small insignificant opinion. I could be completely wrong. Especially when its 2 in the morning!!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Resident *******

Well Slim, I'm not going to call you a lier and that you're wrong. You're not, far from it! I am unfortunately gifted with aggressiveness, and it is a struggle for me to keep myself in check on the field. I manage to do it, and I personally expect all the others to as well. It's bull **** that they think that they can get away with it because their momma's bought them their fancy Ego's and ****. I've worked hard for all my gear (all 12 guns with the rest to go with them), and I am saddened that paintball has turned like this. People seem to think that the more money you dump into it (just like a business), the better you will be. That attitude is what is spoiling speedball, not the style of play itself. Speedball used to be a very respectable part of paintball, and then came the cheaters, ramping, and the open disregard for another human being. By that I mean Chris Lasoya and his ****ishness about the "execution," Speedy2 boards, and the PSP/NXL. Yeah, I'm picking on the leagues. They bring into the minds of young players that it's OK to use those modes outside of the tournament scene (I have no idea why), and it pisses me off. I've had a long day at work and it's late for me here too, so I'm just going to stop there, although I could keep ranting about the idiots we deal with in this fine sport.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to