Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM

Default Re: What's your opinion?

um...did you happen to watch the techpb videos?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

um - no. I don't care for the techpb videos much because I don't agree with some (read most) of his viewpoints. His "help" videos don't help me much since I already know the stuff he's talked about and I agree that his reviews are more cosmetic reviews and less substance... But mainly, it's his attitude and cussing that turn me off the most. I'm not prudish, but I don't think it's necessary to insert the f bomb in every sentence to get taken seriously or to get your point across.

But, since I don't want to focus on him...No, actually what I saw was this kid (who actually seemed quite thoughtful) who asked these questions and it made me think a bit. So, do you have an answer for us?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM

well, i do think something is happening. i havent been in it that long so i probably dont have as much experience. i dont have much to look back to, to see if its changing. i feel as thought its becoming more commercial, and its growing. but its growing towards those "agg" players though. people dont seem to play for fun anymore.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:33 PM
TJ

all I know is... I have fun and I will always have fun playing paintball.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
I was watching Youtube today and one video I saw inspired me to write this post.

1. Do you think something is happening to paintball now?

2. Is it a good something or bad something?

3. Do you think it's dying off or getting stronger?

4. Does the paintball community actually support itself, or is it tearing itself apart in the struggle to be tough and look "agg"?
1) the sport has always been in motion. its grows every day, in almost every way

2) both. increase in awareness and players, but the companies are ruining the sport.

3) stronger

4) honestly, that "agg" phase was SO 2k5... i think its all behind us now, we're just left with the smack talk.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
MR's 4 Sale

I don't know, I think, depending on your area, there's still alot of "agg" around. One of my good friends (kinda used loosely in this one) is so whiny and instilled with the thought that everything has to go his way, he just rips the fun out of every game. If me or his fiance get out he starts yelling and screaming, belittling her and just ruining all the fun. All this even when we just held our own with just the 3 of us against 6-10 other people shooting full auto (we all shoot semi/mechanical), so there's really nothing to get upset about. So, the rest of us have just decided not to even take him out and play anymore, which sucks because that means that his fiance won't be aloud to go, but I won't get started on that. There's alot of people like that around here. He doesn't even like playing outs cuz that means he doesn't get to play anymore (his words). I think I lost my point. There's people who are in it for fun and sport at the same time, which is where I think most of us are, and then there's people who just want competition and don't care one bit about fun, regardless of how much they say they do. Smack talk doesn't really bother me that much, as long as everyone lets it go afterward.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:00 PM

eh, i could do without the smack talk.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

you have it in every sport sadly, it sucks....but playing with friends and smack talk is always intresting cause it doesnt matter in the end.!
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 06-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You know, I hear that all the time, but I have to respectfully disagree with it.

I played sports my whole life - baseball, basketball, football, softball, track, paintball, etc. I even played baseball in college (for a short time - long story) and then intramurals... I NEVER heard the smack talk that I hear in paintball. If it's that way in sports now, I'm disappointed in your coaches for allowing it!

By smack talk, I mean cutting down the other team (within earshot of said team - everyone does that in pep rallies, on the bus, etc. but usually not around that other team), calling them names, cussing them out, acting like poopy heads with bad attitudes, etc.

I have to amend my answer to these questions by saying that SPORTSMANSHIP is severly lacking in our sport, and if what everyone is saying (it happens in all sports) it's severly lacking in every sport!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Resident *******

I have a bad tongue, and I admit it. I'll be yelling things at the other team the whole while I'm playing. Offensive things? Not really, just yelling at them about their form, paint consumption, and anything else that they could do better. Heck, I get into every game I get into, just ask Hossy! LOL!

Rec ball is just not serious enough for me to start ripping people apart for getting me out, unless they were doing something against the rules to get to that point (I.E., gun hits don't count BS...)... In which case I'll call myself out and wait for the game to be done before confronting them with a paper print out of the field's rules, with the specific rules for elimination highlighted. Then I roll my eyes and walk away, there are too many dip****s there to get worked up about.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to