Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Seņor Member

Default Re: superstitions?

Normally the gun gets completely disassembled and lubed the week of, and the night before I make sure I have everything.

The other ritual my boss, co-worker and I have as we play is sitting out games to fix other player's markers, nothing is more aggravating then having to lend out your stuff because someone is whining about not knowing how to fix theirs. Keep in mind we all drive about an hour to get to the private field, so someone being out a gun is a bit major for us.

To be honest, I think I'm going to make it mandatory that people fix their own guns, that and I'll print off a random blowback manual for them to go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Pimp Luscious

Default Re: superstitions?

I use the same JT gloves since I started playing in late 97. They get washed immediately with mild detergent everytime as soon as I get home. They actually still look pretty good.

Other than that, I just make sure my gear is good to go. Withing 2-3 days after getting back from a day of play, I always strip all my gear and guns apart and clean them like a serial killer, I mean absolutely every fleck of dirt and paint is cleaned off everything until it looks LNIB. Then I lube and reassemble and check to make sure everything is in working order. After that I pack up everything but my tanks, 9.6V batteries, paint and my battery charger.

All my paint is stored in a cool area and mixed and rotated every 3 days. Call me crazy, but I've got even the most dimpled paint to undimple itself in time and shoot nice and straight.

Then the day before I play, I do a quick double check of all my gear, plug the batteries in to charge, get my tanks filled and put anything that I want to drink when I play into my basement fridge.

The day I play I pack the batteries, tanks and paint up, and toss my drinks into a cooler and load the car. Usually the day of play before I get to the field I like to listen to Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Slayer...etc to get the pumped up energy flowing through my veins. If my friend is driving, he almost ALWAYS plays Avenged Sevenfold. That works alright too.

And lastly, before I start the countdown for a game, I shoot a couple shots into the ground right before breakout to make sure the gun isn't on SAFE, paint is ready to be fired, and I'm all ready to go.

After that, it's game on.

I don't think anything I do is unusual, although I will say I probably keep my gear cleaner than most, and I probably OCD my paint storage. But hey, you can never have your gear be TOO CLEAN or your paint be TOO PROPERLY STORED.
  • Spyder Imagine
  • AMG T-boarded w/ Eyes
  • Angel LCD...the old broken ripper (will be working again soon)
  • Most..parts for a old 98 Cocker...