Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default superstitions?

does anyone else have any paintball superstitions? i make it a habit NOT to touch any of my gear the day before i go play, because when i do, something usually goes wrong with one of my guns. but after thinking about it, there haven't really been any days where something DIDN'T go wrong.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: superstitions?

I do...

The day before the game (or 3 days before if a big event), I make a handwritten list of what needs to go and then line it all up on my living room floor and bag it.
The evening before, regardless of event, I lay out my Kilt and whatever else I'm wearing that next day.
I start my vehicle and put in 2 CDs...1 Disturbed and 1 of my creation...all competition bagpipe tunes that are considered a "medly." These are faster-paced tunes than a typical March, Strathspey or Reel (MSR) Selection that you might hear at a parade. I play the Disturbed to get my mind 'right' and then the Pipes to announce my presence.
Exactly 15 minutes before "game on", I take a knee, a handful of soil and make a prayer (it is private, so don't ask about it) and then do it again before I leave the field.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
I do...

I start my vehicle and put in 2 CDs...1 Disturbed and 1 of my creation...all competition bagpipe tunes that are considered a "medly." I play the Disturbed to get my mind 'right' and then the Pipes to announce my presence.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:40 PM
*Offical Gun Whore*

I don't really have any superstitions but I do make a habit of laying out all my gear that I am gonna use and then I pack it so I wont forget anything.

On a side note my old boss at the field I used to work at NEVER washed his jersey.
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Spyder Addict

Yep...

I stretch my knee...take 4 ibuprophen...wrap my knee...and pray to god I don't blow it up again.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Respected Player

Our team has more of a 'habit', we always get beef jerky and energy drinks (which always makes our stomach hurt) before an event or practice, I don't know why we do it but we do lol
Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I'm a little superstitious but not at all when it comes to paintball. Some days I do good, others I do real good. I have some days seems no matter what I do or where I am, I'm always in the right place, right time, perfect decisions. Some days I just do terrible but that doesn't bother me because I'm there to have fun and always do -

My greatest precaution is to use fresh top grade paint, never use field paint and not forget my cup. Last time I used field paint was in the 80's. Top grade paint shoots straight on target, doesn't break in your marker and can make or break your day. Getting hit in the nads will.......well, I suppose I don't need to explain that one -

Superstitions and rituals only serve to psych yourself into thinking you'll have a good day. When that doesn't happen you need to make excuses why it wasn't. If you go with having fun only on your mind there's no need to make excuses with mission accomplished -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKEFIRST View Post
Yep...

I stretch my knee...take 4 ibuprophen...wrap my knee...and pray to god I don't blow it up again.
i'm afraid i may be joining you in that ritual...

otherwise, not really. i'm kinda with dragon on the whole superstition thing. i have a few rituals to make sure all my gear is in working order and to keep myself from forgetting anything, but there's no superstition with that, it's just a common sense precaution.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

wow druid, thats pretty serious. i usually lay my stuff out on a thursday evening and leave it by my door so i can grab it when i walk out of the house on saturday morning. but today was kind of a last minute decision, so i'm packing all my gear now.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:12 PM
XBL = RagetisticSnipr add me

i always shoot about 10 balls out of my xtra every day starting 5 days before i go so i make sure it works and nothing is worg so i have time to fix it