Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Default My ROUGH tests

okay so finaly i got arount to testing this out

well when i touched the two the gun whent automatic at around 9-12 bps i made sure only the 2 peices of mettal touched and nothing went through the frame

also when i just touched the copper wires insted of the plates it seemed to work as pland
so mabe it a problem with the sheet metal mabe you would need a thin sheet of copper?
i have no idea
it could have been impuritys or somthing like that in those peises of metal i had

it started to fall apart towards the end as u can see

so it really dident work for my test if any one else would like to try this theory out and see if you get the same results it would be apretiated

to see if this mith is busted lol
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Default Re: My ROUGH tests

I still don't see why you'd want to get rid of the trigger. It's not a gun without a trigger.

I refuse to shoot any paintball "gun" that didn't have one.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM

well i looked up the deffinition of trigger
"a device that activates or releases or causes something to happen"
id say what i made right there is a trigger lol

dont worry tho i know what your saying dont worry it was just an idea so i disided to test it
dident really worked out like i hopped
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
THE GAME

Your uninsulated copper wire makes me worry that you're going to short something out.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 AM

The problem with this idea is that the fingers don't feel anything until there is contact and shoots. With a real trigger, you feel the trigger as your fingers are really sensitive to touch, so you won't be shooting by mistake as you would with this.

If you want to keep going with this idea, just remove the 2 metal plates and use insulated wires with exposed ends. Tape the insulated wires to the handle and have a vertical exposed wire. The wires in the fingers would contact the exposed and complete the circuit.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by florios View Post
okay so finaly i got arount to testing this out

well when i touched the two the gun whent automatic at around 9-12 bps i made sure only the 2 peices of mettal touched and nothing went through the frame
i think this has something to do with the fact that the microswitch acts as a button where it activates ONCE on the push, while when you complete the circuit via wires/plates, its a continuous circuit... but i could be wrong. did you check your board settings?

also when i just touched the copper wires insted of the plates it seemed to work as pland
so mabe it a problem with the sheet metal mabe you would need a thin sheet of copper?
hmm, ok, this changes things. i would swap the plates for thin copper plates and try it again. it may have to do with the conductive nature of the metals.

i have no idea
it could have been impuritys or somthing like that in those peises of metal i had
could be...
it started to fall apart towards the end as u can see

so it really dident work for my test if any one else would like to try this theory out and see if you get the same results it would be apretiated

to see if this mith is busted lol
i would seriously try it using copper plates and see if you get the same results.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeMaster View Post
The problem with this idea is that the fingers don't feel anything until there is contact and shoots. With a real trigger, you feel the trigger as your fingers are really sensitive to touch, so you won't be shooting by mistake as you would with this.

If you want to keep going with this idea, just remove the 2 metal plates and use insulated wires with exposed ends. Tape the insulated wires to the handle and have a vertical exposed wire. The wires in the fingers would contact the exposed and complete the circuit.
yup i actualy tryed thisand it seemed to work great exept some times it went auto matic i think its due to microscapic twitches in your finger witch you barly see so id say this is way to sensitive it would just never work properly
Old 06-07-2008, 01:01 AM
MR's 4 Sale

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it, but I think one of your problems may be the conductivity of the human body. Again, to tired to go look at the original plans, but your probably acting like a conductor and keeping the current going at all times. As you're holding the trigger frame, you're making contact with the ground through your body. If you put the positive plates on your fingers, you've just completed the circuit. I may be wrong though, dang squirrels.