Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
New Guy

Smile Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im A Noob)

I'm new to paintball, and I'm wondering if compressed air is better and cheaper than Co2? My second question is: Once you put the Co2 tank in your marker, does it automatically start running out, even when you take the tank out?
My third question is: If the tank doesn't run out, even after your done using it in a game, the is there like a shut off valve or something?

Thanks, BlackMaxx.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Default Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! (im A Noob)

CO2 is cheaper than compressed air, and more fields have it available, and it's much easier to deal with for newer players. The CO2 will not start running out just by attaching it to your marker, unless you have a leak, but that will be obvious from the hissing sound. Most markers have a pressure release that will vent as you take the tank off, there is a pin in the end of the tank that shuts off flow as you remove it. Keep in mind, there may still be air in the marker, after taking off the hopper and the tank, turn in a safe direction and fire a few shots to fully de-gas the marker.

Oh, and have fun!

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Rock out with your... Well... just keep rockin.

Co2 really is the best route for a beginner, there are more places to get your tank filled, and I believe it is cheaper. I know around me (which is Alabama) there are probably 10 to 1 odds on getting co2 filled rather than compressed air.
Not to mention that for a beginner co2 will be cheaper to get in to and if for some reason you don't like the sport (I can't imagine why you wouldn't tho, paintball is almost holy in the power it has over me and a few others on this forum as well haha!) you haven't lost $120.00 on a tank. SO... to make a long story short go co2 until you loose your mind and start upgrading till you buy out all the sporting good stores around you, then move into the realm of compressed.

After rereading your post, you do make the comment "placing the co2 IN your marker" I need to check and make shure you are not talking about the 12gram little tubes. If so those do not have any shut-offs and can only be used while in the gun, if you remove them they will loose all of their contents, and be careful they can shoot off like mini-rockets so heads up.

I hope my opinion helped, mind you it is only my opinion and you should do what makes you the happiest.

Rogue Leader
Old 06-02-2008, 05:19 PM
New Guy

No, im not talking about the little 12 gram co2 things, I had that on my beginner paintball gun, and I hated that it ran out so fast, and I went through them like nothing at all. So, thanks for the tips, it really helps, and im sure ill love paintball!.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
New Guy

Thanks a bunch man, I now feel so much better knowing that I dont have to fill up the tank, and then use it all in my very first match, unlike when I usto use my training paintball gun with the .12 gram co2 cartridges, and oh, im sure i'll have fun.=]
Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 PM

wellcome to paint ball lol
Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
»BaY ArEa«

Well how much are you going to shoot, because you still might not have that much left. Also when you unscrew the tank, be sure to do it as fast as possible because when unscrewing it will release the pin slowly, and in turn release a lot of co2 if you go to slow.
-Mark 9:24
Old 06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Spyder Addict

usually, that's just air trapped in the marker. if everything is working properly, the oring should seal before the pin is pressed, thus when you unscrew the tank, the oring is still sealed until after the tank valve is already closed.

another pointer, keep the CO2 tank out of the sun, especially a full one on a hot day. if the CO2 gets hot enough, the pressure can get high enough to blow the burst disk, and you'll have to replace it before you can use the tank again. it's a good idea to have an extra one or two on hand. they sell different pressures, so check to see which one you need for your tank. it should be imprinted on the burst disk. also carry around some extra orings.

welcome to the addiction