Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
woodsball > scenario > speedball

Default PVC clip idea

Ok this is by no means my idea. I took S&S's PVC clip and that new Archon hopper (http://cgi.ebay.com/Archons-NEW-Revo...QQcmdZViewItem) and kinda combined the two.

I heard what S&S was saying about compensating for the blow back and thought of stuff until my mid wandered back to the Archon. I was already thinking about a two way version of S&S's mod and when I remembered what it said in the auction for the Archons, I figured this could work.

It'd work just like S&S's but with paint coming from both sides. But when you shoot and you get the blowback, the paintballs would get blown back up into the tube. This might prevent that because paintball would merely come back up and hit the padding (which is the white line at the top of the tee in the diagram). It doesn't necesarily need padding but it definitly could prevent balls from breaking as a result of blowback. It be angled up just enought so that the paintballs would roll down into the tee/feedneck.

Now there was one possible jam that I can see (pointed to in the diagram). When the paintballs from the 2 clips meet it's possible that it may jam.
Here's the diagram:

Each clip would hold 10-15 paintballs (yours hold 20ish, right S&S?) and there'd be 2, so thats 20-30 paintballs with 2 loaded clips(obvious, I know, but thought I might as well say it ). If anyone wants to make this, it'd be greatly apreciated. I can't because my Pilot just got stolen and luckily i was able to scrape up enough moola for an MR1, but it's still on the way, and I'd like to have a gun with me for measurements.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM
*Offical Gun Whore*

Default Re: PVC clip idea

If i'm not mistaken some member on here bought one of those archon hoppers a while ago and said it sucked.
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM

yeah I've heard mixed reviews about it but some people say they're great and this isn't exactly the same so ehh what the heck, right?

Any other opinions? It'd really be great to get some feedback on this
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 AM
MR's 4 Sale

The archon hopper sucks when you compare it to what they advertise it as, yes. It is in no way a replacement for a forcefed/electronic hopper. But, it is a decent gravity hopper and shouldn't be mistaken for anything else. It's that simple. This idea could work. The only problem I see with that jam is if the spring have such a heavy tension that it doesn't allow the center ball to fall because of the other 2 squeezing on it. It would take really light springs and less of an angle.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 AM

Well I don't think I'd be using springs, but the problem I'm having is actually finding a tee that has slightly bigger angles; all I can find is 90 degree tees.
Maybe the clips themselves could be bent up a little bit about 1/4" out from the end of the tee.

And I'm still looking for an answer to that jam. The tiled tubes my be enough to jam that spot even without the springs.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Or you could just make a stick feed out of some copper pipe and a 90* elbow.

Your design is very similar to a stock class stick feed.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Life is peachy

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond im only homw on weekends lattly. I think that this is a great idea and could yeild great resaults however. I have never seen a fitting with a slightly larger angle like that so it kinda throws the idea out. If a person could get some T fittings like that though it would be great because it wouldnt matter what way your gun was tipped it would feed as is the problem with most stick mags that dont have springs. Good job Shady gives it a thumbs up maby two if you could find a fitting like that

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM

oh sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread. totally forgot

anyway I still haven't found anything better that actually bending the tubes themselve very close to the tee. do you think that could work?