Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
New Guy

Default Anti-siphon tube and pmi co2 tanks

So i removed the valve on my new 12oz pmi tank today so i could see what id need for an anti-siphon tube and it appears that there is no place to screw the tube in. Anyone else ran into this?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Anti-siphon tube and pmi co2 tanks

do you have an anti-siphon kit already?
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
New Guy

No I dont, but im very familiar with the different types of brass/copper fittings and whatnot so i was gonna go home grown. There aretwo "slits" on either side of the vavle where it screws into the tank, i dont think a anti-siphon is gonna work on this one
Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 PM

hmm, i can check the paintball store tomorrow and see what they look like, but the hose should thread into the lower part of the valve somewhere...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
New Guy

Yes I was being a retard, the tube could screw in place of the spring retaining screw, but those 2 slits leave the spring exposed to the inside of the tank so i think i need new valve/tank for it to work. It is after all just a
12oz, so Ill prolly get a 16 or 20 to anti siphon. Do you know what brand/size always works?
Old 05-23-2008, 02:15 PM

go to the local shop and ask for a new valve. if they do A/S installs, their valves should work. plus if you go in person, you can always make sure it has threads.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
New Guy

There is no "local" shop, There is a field nearby but they dont offer HPA fills so thats why im going with A/S, homebrewed at that. A recent conversation between the guy filling the co2 and some guy with a brand new pilot acs "you really should have an A/S co2 for that pilot, you can get one online for about 40 bucks" so im sure they cant/will not install them.

CORRECTION- the local field DOES have HPA, on friday and saturday, but are usually out by sunday, which is when I go.

Last edited by ^death_metal : 05-25-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:31 AM
New Guy

Im going to buy a 20oz tank today at either wally world or academy and try to A/S it again, hoppfully this ones valve will not have the spring exsposed. I have another question now however, when its said that "x" regulator will not run co2, is that raw co2? Are there some that will run good with A/S co2. Reason im asking is Im seeing the tippmann bottomline ASA/reg for really cheap and from what ive read from some tippy forums is a favored set-up is the bottomline reg running into a x-chamber. Anyways, if I get the new tank and the valve looks the same as the last one ill post a pic of it, So you guys can see if im just being retarded again.