FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which is better
Pilot ACS 14 73.68%
MR1 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2008, 07:53 PM
»BaY ArEa«

Default Re: Need help, making decision on 2 guns

I would say Pilot because if you get the MR1 you are going to want an upgrade to an Electronic gun eventually and the Pilot will get you ready for that electric gun.
-Mark 9:24
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
New Guy

Hmm, guess I will keep them both and give them both a good try. The one that shoots the straightest will be the keeper.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

For straight shooting it all matters on the ball-to-bore match. You can find it by putting a ball in a barrel and put it parallel to the ground. Blow in to the barrel and if it takes a hard blow, the ball is too big, if it just rolls out the ball is too small and if it can be easily blown out it is just right.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 05-27-2008, 02:50 PM
The Gumpster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwarrior View Post
Low Pressure. It is a series of mods that allow you to run your gun at a consistent low pressure (100-500 psi) making it quieter, more consistent and allowing more shots per fill. Personally, I would get the MR1 because it's made specifically for woodsball, very durable and it's only chopped a few times in the 2 years I've had it.
I highly agree; I have used an MR1 on more than one occasion and you can bat them to hell (not that anyone would want too), drop them in teh mud and still keep shooting. The Pilot, which is also a decent platform is better for speedball, with the electronic trigger and ACS bolt its made for speedballtype of play. The Mr1 is also better if you are playing where its wet or if its raining, the Pilot with its electronics can easily malfunction and you can fry the board with moisture. My dad started playing with his swat team when he saw me and my friends play and he choose the Pilot over the MR1, the Pilot just cant stack up to the MR1 in the woods.

My opinion: The MR1, its just better for woodsball.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSnipa View Post
I highly agree; I have used an MR1 on more than one occasion and you can bat them to hell (not that anyone would want too), drop them in teh mud and still keep shooting. The Pilot, which is also a decent platform is better for speedball, with the electronic trigger and ACS bolt its made for speedballtype of play. The Mr1 is also better if you are playing where its wet or if its raining, the Pilot with its electronics can easily malfunction and you can fry the board with moisture. My dad started playing with his swat team when he saw me and my friends play and he choose the Pilot over the MR1, the Pilot just cant stack up to the MR1 in the woods.

My opinion: The MR1, its just better for woodsball.
I agree 100%. I personally picked the MR1 because I didn't want an E-marker in the woods and wanted a marker I could get down in the dirt, mud, streams, and moisture with that wouldn't fry like my old Fenix did.

Who ever says you can't find bolts for the MR1 is retarded. Best bolts for the money www.alamocitypb.com
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html

My MR1 has yet to let me down.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
woodsball > scenario > speedball

Yeah I'd definitely go with the MR1. Way more durrable and better for a woodsball environment. And the ability to customize it is a big plus. I really am doing a bad job of explaining why it's better but it is