Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: remove anno

For the small fee I'd send it in and have it anno'd at acid rain...a spyder body is like $15...Seriously I wouldn't be messing with Lye or the like...my friend burned his lungs when we worked at a golf course kitchen and the idiot boss told us to mix floor stripper (lye) bleach and soap...it made a wicked chemical cloud...you never know what those chemicals can do with left over gun oil...sorry I'm old now and wouldn't take the chance.
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 05-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
i thought of this a few days ago at work: would oven cleaner work? i mean its basically sulfuric acid (it burns your skin too, trust me, i have the scars...) so if you soak the anno (don't submerge it) for a few seconds, wipe it down, and then use sand paper, shouldnt that do the trick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Use Easy Off. I used the regular strength kind - in the yellow can. I used it to take the anno off my VA for my Spyder Pump. You have to take it slowly, though. Spray it on, wait several minutes (about 10) then wash it off, then repeat. It took about 5 times for me to get it pretty close to where I wanted it. No pitting or anything.

That being said, you WILL have to polish it a lot. It will tarnish pretty quickly.

Really, I didn't see any of the affects you guys are talking about as far as oven cleaner hurting you when I did this. I got it on my hands a couple of times and it didn't burn whatsoever. I think it's just a matter of washing it off asap and using common sense...
Old 05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

forgot about that.

we must use industrial strength stuff at work then... i got one drop on me and didnt bother washing it off, and it looks like someone burned me with a cigarette.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, to be honest, what I got was sort of overspray. I stuck the VA on a long screwdriver, sprayed it with the Easy Off, then let it sit for a few minutes. When it sprayed on me a bit, I finished spraying it, then went in and washed my hands. No issues with it on me. Maybe your's was industrial strength?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: remove anno

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
......... and using common sense...
Exactly why I tuned in here. We often don't know exactly who we're referring info to on these types of forums -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216