Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Respected Player

Default What should I do?

Ok so on 4/25/08 i talk to Killer_Kill about his A-bomb and we agreed that I was going to ship out $280 the next day and that the marker wouldn't come with a barrel so the next day I ship the money out and then after I tell him I shipped it out he tells me that the screen is bad and he has to get a new board but he will replace it so I'm like ok cool whatever. Then on Friday 5/3/08 I ask him if he got the M.O. yet and he says he just got it that day but is still waiting on the board and they guy that he's getting it from can't ship it out due to the weather so I ask him if he can ship out the marker then when he gets the board he ships it out and I put it in. Then on Monday 5/5/08 he tells me he just got the board and he'll put it in and ship it out the next day, I don't care I'm just exicted to get a new marker. Then on Monday 5/12/08 I get the Timmy and when I go to put a battery in I notice that one of the battery harness wires is removed and the other was pulled out and put back in (it was very obvious that he did it) then I ask him about it and he says that he never messed with any of the wires and that its my fault it was like that. And now he wont pay for the battery harrness and its my fault he also said that in his rules that his marker was in perfectly working condition and if their is anything wrong with it he will assume that it was the buyers fault but seriously when its that obvious that he did it shouldn't he have to pay atleat part of the cost. Also with out being able to fire the marker how am i supposed to know if their is anything else wrong with it. So what do you think I should do? Mods if this is in the wrong thread or if I'm not aloud to do this please let me know and I will delete it at once.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Public Enemy #1

Default Re: What should I do?

This is why if I see rules in someone's thread, I hit the Back button. Kids don't understand how business works.

Edit: Basically, all you can do is cut your losses and buy what you need to fix the gun.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:30 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

...cheap fix.

Bring it to the local field tech and he'll probably do it for free/little charge. I'm friends with the local tech and we talk shop a lot. He gets me plenty of free things and fixes my stuff when I have soldering requirements.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
This is why if I see rules in someone's thread, I hit the Back button. Kids don't understand how business works.
I would really disagree with that. In many cases it means they understand how PBN business works, and that if you can just point to a list of prewritten responses you won't have to type them to the 1000's of idiots who can't read down in the thread. If I specifically read what was in that thread though, I'd leave. But telling people up front that you won't ship first is not anti-business, which is often what the "rules" state, it's letting the customer know your static policies upfront so they don't waste their time heckling things that you'll refuse to do 99.9% of the time.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Has Been

Dont leave good feedback. That will end up hurting him a little if he still wants to make deals over the nation/online.

It is an easy fix, dont worry about it. You have the gun atleast, and now you can fix it easy to make it where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I would leave neutral feedback. You got the gun, but it wasn't in working condition.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Has Been

oh and about the feedback thing, make sure he give you feedback first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 AM

Just be happy you got the gun. I paid for my Alias 6-7 weeks ago (losing count) and still don't have the gun.

Xbox Live: Cal3bH
Old 05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
Yeah i know but you could tell that he did a bad repair job on the other wire and then he also tells me that he never messed with any of the wires. I mean I know how bussiness works but still that is kinda cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy View Post
oh and about the feedback thing, make sure he give you feedback first.
He never gave me any yet. And I'm debating if I should leave negative feedback or just neutral.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Public Enemy #1

You leave him negative feedback, he's gonna leave you negative feedback and make you look like the bad guy. That's the crappy part about feedback.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!