Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Entrepreneur

Default Vertical ASA Adapter Q.

Do you need a Vertical ASA Adapter to attach an expansion chamber to a marker? (BE - Marauder)

I realize this is a Spyder forum but its a pretty general question.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Vertical ASA Adapter Q.

lemme check my eradicator body... IIRC the threading isnt 1/8 NPT, so i don't think its possible.

WOW! yeah, good luck finding an adapter for that threading. its like halfway between 1/8 NPT and standard CA (tank) threading.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Entrepreneur

You're jonny on the spot with the help sniper. Thanks for the help. I found a mod page that says how to do it but its old. I dont know if the new expansion chambers require a vert adapt.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Entrepreneur

http://mob.tsmg.org/fubarius.html

I bought this gun used for dirt cheap 5 years ago. Just gonna have some fun with it.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:14 PM

lol, that was my second gun. first i had a talon, but that broke. its laying in pieces right now because the detent screws stripped and fell out and it wouldnt stop leaking.

looking at his instructions, it sounds like you can just screw the adapter in. maybe its a different threading?

http://www.viewloaderparts.com/index...categoryID=136
looks like thats what you'll need. guess i have a 3rd (or 4th?) project gun for this summer!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Entrepreneur

yeah thats it. I went to the only PB store in my city and the guys gonna order me the adapter and expansion chamber and even show me how to mod it. Apparently the Marauder isnt that bad with those particular mods on it. Stock, its pretty brutal but a good starter gun, doesn't shoot very straight.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Entrepreneur

Hey sniper... this might sound like a dumb question but what do "eyes" mean? Like when the MR2 says it comes with "eyes".
Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM

basically, theres a sensor in the breech that detects paint, usually one on each side, near the detents. if it detects paint (meaning the connection between the two eyes is broken), it'll fire, if not, you can pull the trigger but it won't do anything. it keeps you from chopping paint.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Resident *******

Search is ftw sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
I'm going to break it down to you like I did my GF last night.... She asked the same question, not THAT you dirty minded fools!

Basically eyes are two parts: an emitter, and a receiver. The emitter merely sends out an infrared beam across the breach towards the receiver. The receiver merely has to get some of that infrared signal to know that there isn't anything in the space between them (in the breech, that is). When a ball falls down into the breech and breaks the infrared beam, and the receiver cannot "see" it anymore, then the breech is read as having something inside of it. This is in the case of the style of eyes that Spyder had installed, which is the industry standard for eyes and is called "break-beam eyes."

There is another kind of eye system (note the singular!) that is called "bounce-beam." This system utilizes only one emitter/receiver piece, and does both parts of the job. It works by first sending an infrared signal out, and if it bounces off a paintball and the receiver portion of the eye sees it, then the breech is read as loaded. If it does not, and the beam bounces off somewhere else, the receiver doesn't even see the beam. In that case, the breech is read as empty. That kind of system is really only used on SFT Shockers, Impulses, and some home made eye modification Spyders. You won't find those very much anymore!

With eyes on, you should be able to cock the marker, stick your finger in the feedneck, and have the bolt come forward.... Be advised, it'll hurt like HELL if your finger's still in there, so hold the bolt back, or take it out altogether. If that works, I wouldn't see why you would need to send Spyder a perfectly operating marker.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Entrepreneur

Thank you