sucks, they're making stuff up 0 0%
sucks, they're making stuff up and overpricing it 0 0%
No opinion 1 14.29%
other opinion(state it) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

Default SLY barrel: opinions

slightly a news thread, but i want to know what you think about these new barrels. heres their ad (small text, their fault, not mine)

here is the home page: http://www.slyequipment.com/frontend/default.asp

whier backs appear to be about 3-4 inches, and come in aluminum and titanium. they come in multiple bores as well.

these guys have alot of technical stuff on their site, which i like and dislike. i like it cause it helps me compare, i dont like it because people tend to exaggerate and i cant tell if its BS. what do you think.

i know barrel isnt everything, and paintballs arent made precisely enough to base accuracy on a barrel all the way... etc, i dont care, i want to know what you think about the barrel, not about barrels in general
Old 02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Mag Lover

Default Re: SLY barrel: opinions

It looks like an ok product but no way in H E double hockey sticks am I going to pay 190 for a barrel set up. CF is nice but if youve got an AC threaded gun Deadlywind has wisper barrel you can get for 75 and they take freak inserts, or for that matter just a freak barrel set up. even if you get one back and the barrel its still 120 youch!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

the deadly wind is cross thread cf all the way through, i dont know if thats really bad because the resin covers it but sly makes it sound horrible, im wondering how they got the resin to be a matte color, its supposed to always be that shine. also they sell titanium backs... and im a sucker for expensive metal.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Mag Lover

Ive got a 12in DW on my mag I was shooting polar ice in 5 deg. weather and got paint breaks but I shot 4 rounds thought it and the barrel cleaned out fine so I dont think it affects it much
Old 02-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

i know these cfs arent supposed to be swabbed... only plunger/ rubber squeegie things.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Spyder Addict

That was only the first batches of barrels not the later ones. I personally bought the Switch Mamba Kit. What I discovered.......waste of money. I've tried sizing balls. What I've found is I'm better off to use the .691 and leave it there! Sometimes I get a pod from someone else....makes a mess! Also I haven't found any accuracy loss what-so-ever by keeping with the bigger size. I can shoot incredible groups at 75 feet. No complaints! I would say it's the best barrel for the money and it lowers your sound signature alot! On the other hand Sly's new barrels look hot! I do like the looks!

edit: On stiffi's site it still says don't use swabs.......however on PBN awhile back there was a post from SITE saying it was a problem with the older barrels that was fixed. I haven't had a problem with mine and I use a swab! Still a mirror finish inside!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Banned

sly's site also says not to use swabs.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 AM
(spyderkid946)

i read about these barrels awhile back. their concept with the tapered part is really good but id just throw a bigger insert in my freak. but the downfall of the freak is its heavy, and this being "dual carbon" im guessing its light. id wana use it before i bought it.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
10/19/03

I don't know, I think it looks really good. I don't have a clue how it performs though; their concept sounds more like hype then fact.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

not sure about the concept, but i dont like the color scheme, doesnt match my black gun...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes