TheRedBarron006: hehe

Thanks Mike. <3 TRB
Old 05-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: My EBay winning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwarrior View Post
Appears to be a replica gladius.
um...uh...for an "irish warrior" you sure don't know the differenct between Roman and Celtic fighting weapons....... .....LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1 sniper View Post
looks nice. and i guess it was a good ebay day for both of us because i just won a spyder classic w/ revvy yesterday
thanks and :tup:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_Bravo View Post
Congrats! I collect knives myself, and thought I'd share a site with you;
http://www.coldsteel.com/swords.html
They make top notch quality knives & swords. There is a Dirk and a Broadsword. try not to drool all over the keyboard-lol!
I'm already aware of Cold Steel and have been a big fan longer than some of our forumers have been playing paintball. LOL...the SRK is one of my faves, as well as the TiLite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
...why do you have to keep giving us reasons to fear you?
.......because I can? LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
because a name like paul isn't very scary...

?
but my size, demeanor and "hunter" skills are....
Quote:
Paul is a serial killer name...

Who are you kidding? lol.
Well, if it makes you two feel better...I go by my 3 names (first, middle, last) with a Roman Numeral suffix of being the third with that name..."III"

No, this isn't a Roman Gladius.......(-.-)........

This is a Scottish Dirk, a replica of what might have been commonly seen between BCE 4000 and AD 1780 ~ish. The age of the fighting Dirk dates back to about ~4000 BCE and have changed configurations over the centuries. This one is a fine example of an enlarged Bullock Dagger but with the Bollocks removed from the hilt from about ~1700 AD.
The "V" shape of the blade represents the "male masculine" (as described in the movie "The Da vinci Code." Generally speaking, these were made from broken sword blades and were adorned with handles ranging from Blackthorn to curly Maple. Many of the early representations were adorned with Zoomorphic pictures, others with Celtic Knot work and stones. In truth, each weapon was a unique creation of it's maker so it held it's 'general' appearance but could drastically differ from others of the same age, from the same region.

The manner in which this was deployed was that it was held in the same [weak] hand as the Targe (round shield) with the tip pointed down. The warrior would block with the Targe by swinging up and away, then stab with the down stroke. All the while, the strong hand would wield the Great sword (now inappropriately called a Claymore), axe, spiked hammer or other major fighting weapon.

The Pommel's design was to prevent dropping the Dirk when the opponent struck the Targe.

There...now you got a History lesson on a Sunday......lol.

Last edited by druid : 05-11-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:27 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Sorry Paul ____ ____ III.

So, you wanted that dirk in order to stab people when they piss you off in paintball? Holding it under your riot shield? Serial killer? o.0

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
»BaY ArEa«

It is going to be in one of his pods, so it is stealthy when he pulls it out,
-Mark 9:24
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

he keeps it in his offhand so when he bunkers someone he can knife them when he's too close to bonusball 'em :P
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

No, he hides it under his kilt, lol.

PS: I figured it was Celtic (based on the other things in your possession ex. kilt), I just didn't know the proper name for it.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
THE GAME

Click the right thumbstick when you bunker somebody.

And you're weird. I won't lie. At least you aren't Japanese, I'd imagine explaining a full set of samurai armor and katanas might be more difficult than some leather and kilts.

Also on the topic of insanity and serial killer likeness, the purple Hershey's kisses definitely make that a bit more eerie. A small child's bike with tassels might have been weirder though.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
And you're weird. I won't lie. At least you aren't Japanese, I'd imagine explaining a full set of samurai armor and katanas might be more difficult than some leather and kilts.
Though, one of the samurai fighting masks might double for a PB mask..

Very nice Dirk, nothing like buying shiny/pointy things off the internet to soothe the male soul. Even if it is a fake it at least looks real, my Scotish/Irish/Italian(WTF?) friend's looks like a butter knife with a plastic handle. Not what you'd call intimidating in the least.

I still wouldn't mind getting myself some of the Celtic garb, might go well with my oddly red beard.

Quote:
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Señor Member

Quote:

PS: I figured it was Celtic (based on the other things in your possession ex. kilt), I just didn't know the proper name for it.
I thought dirks where traditionally attached to the leggings?

Quote:
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Sorry Paul ____ ____ III.

So, you wanted that dirk in order to stab people when they piss you off in paintball? Holding it under your riot shield? Serial killer? o.0
LOL!!! I'll make a Celtic Targe that says "REF" accross it and I can use this to "open" a debate on the finer "points" of cheating
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOK View Post
It is going to be in one of his pods, so it is stealthy when he pulls it out,
~13" blade and 6" handle...it wouldn't even fit in a QPod......lol. ALTHOGH...that pinochio hopper........HRMM........!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
he keeps it in his offhand so when he bunkers someone he can knife them when he's too close to bonusball 'em :P
Think of it more like...a kind-of Celtic Barrel Tag .....heehee...
Quote:

I've already got my Greatsword under my Kilt, so there's very little room as it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
Click the right thumbstick when you bunker somebody.

1. And you're weird. I won't lie.
2. At least you aren't Japanese, I'd imagine explaining a full set of samurai armor and katanas might be more difficult than some leather and kilts.

Also on the topic of insanity and serial killer likeness, the purple Hershey's kisses definitely make that a bit more eerie. A small child's bike with tassels might have been weirder though.
1. LOL...I've been called worse and by my own daughters.
2. Not really, especially if you are celebrating your heritage. Why would it be odd for a Japanese to celebrate an Ancestral tie to the Samurai? They were very honorable indeed. I'd agree that a Scot shouldn't...which is why I don't....lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser View Post
1. Though, one of the samurai fighting masks might double for a PB mask..

2. Very nice Dirk, nothing like buying shiny/pointy things off the internet to soothe the male soul. Even if it is a fake it at least looks real, my Scotish/Irish/Italian(WTF?) friend's looks like a butter knife with a plastic handle. Not what you'd call intimidating in the least.

3. I still wouldn't mind getting myself some of the Celtic garb, might go well with my oddly red beard.
1. That would indeed be unique...lol.
2. Thanks. I feel the same way. Get me a pic of of it, I'm curious as to what you are trying to describe.
3. There's nothing wrong with that either. Scots have Clans with specific Tartans and Crests. Irish have Clans but no Tartans...however they wear a "safron" Kilt and have Family Crests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser View Post
I thought dirks where traditionally attached to the leggings?
Nope. Dirks are short swords worn on the belt. You are thinking of a "Sgian Dhu", which in Gaelic means "black knife." Originally hidden in the GreatKilt somewhere around the waist, on under a breast of a Tunic, the wearer would display the Sgian in their leggings to show a host that they mean no malice towards them.