Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: War. *WARNING, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART*

The Soviets were always braggarts. They NEVER had a more powerful nuke than us and they NEVER had more than us.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

The fact that we have the technology to make a nuke that could quite literally destroy our planet scares the **** out of me.

It's funny how in the end, some of our federal taxes go towards things that could potentially destroy us.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

not going to voice my politcal oppions about how our country....but The only country that really compete with us, and could easily beat us in a convential war is China, having a billion strong military helps. That adn they are a nuclear power, that does not have the restraint we do. Also they have some of the best Hackers, and that alone is worse the Nucluer war, cause thiswilll cause us to kill each other lol.
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 05-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

/topic

I disagree about China being able to defeat us in a conventional war. Even with all of the technology that has been handed over to them, even with their million man army, and even with their nukes, we would win. It may not be an easy win, but we would win. Their command structure is too inflexible to be able to respond effectively to our field commanders actions. Think of our army of the 1940's and 1950's. That's what China has. They think that superior numbers of boots is all they need, that is incorrect. Our military has proven in Irate that our armed forces have the flexibility to react to and overwhelm superior numbers. Plus, if anything happens, we now have a generation of soldiers who have gotten experience in real combat, they have garrison troops who have sitting on their rear ends.

What you say about their electronics capabilities is much more frightening, and much more of a real threat.

I say we send Druid to China to show them the error of their ways.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 05-09-2008, 06:42 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Also they have some of the best Hackers, and that alone is worse the Nucluer war, cause thiswilll cause us to kill each other lol.
slightly reminds me of Live free or die hard
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
/topic

I disagree about China being able to defeat us in a conventional war. Even with all of the technology that has been handed over to them, even with their million man army, and even with their nukes, we would win. It may not be an easy win, but we would win. Their command structure is too inflexible to be able to respond effectively to our field commanders actions. Think of our army of the 1940's and 1950's. That's what China has. They think that superior numbers of boots is all they need, that is incorrect. Our military has proven in Irate that our armed forces have the flexibility to react to and overwhelm superior numbers. Plus, if anything happens, we now have a generation of soldiers who have gotten experience in real combat, they have garrison troops who have sitting on their rear ends.

What you say about their electronics capabilities is much more frightening, and much more of a real threat.

Very intelligent post.

I concur completely.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
/topic

yese, but look at Korea, even though it was a stalemate , and in the end we pulled out. We would've won if China didnt even slightly interfer,but because of that, we had to pull out (and no offence, just seems like every country we go in the Majority cant fight to save their lives (no pun intended), ex: Iraqi's, get over your dang diffrences, reason why they'll never have a army, should of kept the army....but nooo we were stupid, disbanded it, and had thousands of angry, trained soldiers now...sorry i digress) i think if we fought close to them it would cause a few things to cause us to lose.....oil prices even higher, a draft (and half of the country leaves....sorry sorry....), rationing, and not having a strong MILITARY minded president. Though we could beat them, im just saying there are only real "Convential military threat", I think Terriost with a dirty bomb could harm us more, just my oppion. Also Combat troops who are vetrans after a while turn into "old dogs" (yes this is proven to be true, been true since the start of warfare, ex:Civil war when Vetran troops, knew that they were going into a slaughter and did anything possible to stop it, delay it, or just not listen) That, but having a generation of vetrans is not that good in the USA,I know that I have never lived in a time of peace, and most likely n ever will be. The USA will not stand for contuning fighting (though I blame the Media like almsot everything else, they only focus on the bad, and there is so much good happeing)

Though in my honest oppion I think Cyber terriosm and cyber warfare (comeon they can blow up stuff through the internet, thats scary stuff) is really where are biggest threat in today's world is.

*discalamier* delete if offend anyone please, adn sorry for bad spelling, getting ready for prom
Pilot Owners club #64
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

U.S. Army ROTC
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
»BaY ArEa«

Hackers are a problem, but look at all the Chinese coming to America now. Wouldn't that give us some of the best hackers as well? Everyone says that the only reason the US holds the bigger corporations is because we have an imagination and think outside of the box. Almost every other country out there has a better education system then us, and the only reason we can compete with them is because of the way we can think.
-Mark 9:24
Old 05-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

Amen, man, and yeah they come over, but still. Theres always a chance there moles (yeah yeah yeah, sounds goofy, but still) Todays world its just stressful.

And school system could be way better in the USA, oh well.
Pilot Owners club #64
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

U.S. Army ROTC
Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
»BaY ArEa«

I also did a report on the Korean War...

Basically we had them we would have had all of Korea.

We were pushed all the way down, by Korea and fought our way back up. We were near China's border when China decided to fight back and we reached a stale mate at the 38'th parallel. The war is actually still going on, and hasn't ended, the only thing that happened was a Cease Fire Treaty.

In conclusion we should have had Korea, but China didn't want us to, which shows Chinas power..

In a war though we would most likely not start it, and it is much easier to defend our shores then to invade theirs...

In any case, if we fire a nuke at anyone, or anyone else fires a nuke at anyone, it will most likely end in a nuclear war, or a nuclear holocaust.
-Mark 9:24