Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Jedi

Default Spyder TL Plus feed neck?

Hi, I have a Spyder TL Plus and the feed neck on there right now is the orignal angled, but I would like to grind that one off and tig on a new one so I can have a vertical neck for better feed. Does anyone have suggestions or heard of someone doing this?

Last edited by MorrowDeath : 02-23-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Spyder TL Plus feed neck?

i cant think of one. i thought polecat made em, but those are the angled necks. you could grind it off, fix up the hole so that its covered on the side and perfectly open on the top, and then tap feedneck screw threads into the body and buy a clamping feedneck.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Respected, period.

It would be much easier to try to find a Spyder body with vertical feed on it already.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Jedi

ya but this gun holds a sentimental value and its black and heavily modded
Old 02-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

if you ever change your mind about getting a new body, i have a victor one thats in the process of getting drem-milled that i dont need. it just needs a little more sandng and the anno stripped/redone and it would be perfect.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-24-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut
It would be much easier to try to find a Spyder body with vertical feed on it already.

Agreed.

You can always put the mods onto another marker and keep the TL plus as a back up marker. I still use a TL + and prefer its feed over a vertical feed, but thats just me.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Jedi

y do you like the angled feed better?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Hawkeye Luv

i wanted to do this with my Classic... it would be very difficult to perform yourself. i looked into Doc's but ended up not doing it for a few different reasons; cost, time, finished result, etc... i would suggest just looking for another body, it's going to be the simplest route.

justin

Misc. SALE - Cocker parts, Ion spares, Spyder barrels, Stingray & more!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Marrow...if you are intent on removing the abgle feed, grinding it off will leave the feed hole off to the side. You will either have to fill it in, plate it up or work with it as-is...

Filling it in - The wonderful world of JB weld. Grind off the existing neck and smoothe out the welded part with shaping files and stones. Finish with 600 grit sand paper. Take a piece of Wax paper and tape it inside the bore area of the feed-neck. Take a clown-that-makes-balloon-animals... balloon, (the long, slender ones) and insert it into the breech and inflate it so that it presses against the wax paper inside the bolt tube. Mix the JB Weld and fill it in. Now, here's the hard part...you will have to set it aside for like 3 weeks to cure properly...since you are using it as 'fill' it takes that long to become rock-hard, through and through.
Now...It's gonna look ugly...a dark gray patch, surrounded by a filed-silver ring then anno. JB Weld cannot be annoed. It can be painted, but that's up to you. Fill the hole slightly above the surface of the hole because it will eventually settle (like road crews do with pot-hole patch) and give you room to file it down. You will have to cut a new feed hole and mounting holes to be drilled and tapped for vert feednecks with HOLES IN EARS.

Plate it up - Cut a circle that fits tightly in the hole and use JB Weld to hold it in place. You will have to make a new feed hole as stated ^^^^^.

Work with it as-is - remove the feedneck as stated ^^^ and reshape the neck so that it stick straight up like a stove-pipe. Either have someone weld it (aluminum requires special welding) or use JB Weld to hold it in place.

Good luck on your choices...lol