Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Weeeee!

Default My personal Hero

As some of you may or may not know my Nephew Kristian was deployed about a month ago to the great sandlot in the middle east BKA – Iraq. He is a Combat Engineer for the US Marine Corps (Ooh RAH!!!). My last communication with him was on the 19th of this month when he was able to get on the internet and shoot the family an email. He says the moral of our troops is high and they are achieving many of the objectives they are set to accomplish. He sees the difference we are making over there and in the loves of the Iraqi people and helping keep our troops alive. He feels sorry for the kids out there and feels the blessings of the children in my family as they have so little over there and we have so much. I ask for your prayers for my Nephew and our troops and to keep up the continued support we have for them. Even if you don’t agree with the cause of this war we are making a difference in many lives for the good and our troops are getting us there.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM
wat

Default Re: My personal Hero

Word, dre. Good to hear the truth from someone who is actually over there instead of from the biased media.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

yeah, and for those of you who missed it the first time, my dad's over there too. he says everythings going smooth where he's at but my sister's friend's dad got hit by an IED attack sometime, but hes doing fine now. my dad sent me some cool pics of the caves, mountains, camels among other stuff, but i dont know exactly how much i can show you guys, but ill try to put some selected pics up later.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-23-2006, 10:41 AM
still wants a green name

I personally am strongly against the reason we are over there, but I whole heartedly support the troops. I'll keep your nephew and all others who are fighting over there in my prayers and thoughts
Old 02-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Finally! A special name!!

Good luck to your nephew... My little brother is heartset on joining the military once he's out of highschool... I'm trying to talk him out of it... I'm going to show him the pic of SBM's buddy who got shot by a sniper over in Iraq.... Go look at his pic gallery if you haven't.... His friend's lucky, as far as getting hit by a sniper goes... Clean shot through the shoulder, no bones or anything.... But yeah... If he were over in a war zone, it would kill my family... He doesn't realize that he's not the only one it would affect....

And to all those who say you're against the war:
If you enjoy driving your car, you're not against us being over there.... Shove it...

Last edited by *EM1-Master* : 02-23-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 AM
===,,,> Go Noles!

Quote:
Word, dre. Good to hear the truth from someone who is actually over there instead of from the biased media.
QFT, oh, and DF, camels?...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:06 PM

yeah, when he was in kuwait
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 02-23-2006, 07:30 PM

I never saw a camal there, only foxes and some really big and mangey looking jackals.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:16 AM

Respected, period.

Glad you heard from him and that he is doing well. By brother is in the Navy and was over there near the beginning of the war. He was quite a ways away from the action because he is on a ship. His ship, at the time, was the USS John McCain and they were firing lots of Tomahawks off of it. He was also a part of the VSBT, which stands for Vertical Ship Boarding Team. His team was partial responsible for taking over and searching all ships in the gulf. Luckily the only injury was when one of his teammates for got to safety his weapon and shot himself in the leg. I know its tough though not hearing from him and not knowing whats going on. Sometime if you could just hear them say "Hi, I doing good." Thats all you need. I hope things continue to go well for him there and that he gets to come home soon. I hope all our troops get to come home soon.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 AM

lol recon, i remember the fox story!

and yeah, camels!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote: