Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

Default Re: Making of a Field

Oh i must have not clicked that one, but i have a bussiness major helping out with this setup but thanks for that

I found it but i dont agree with some of those thigs on there, plus it doesnt say anything about property
Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv Force View Post
1) how large of a piece of land would be good? A LARGE piece would be best - preferably one with a lot of woods and a flat(ish) area or two for speedball fields.

2) What would be needed on site? Air tanks and/or compressor, a building to keep equipment (like tools, tanks, rentals, etc., in. You'd also need a leaf blower, netting, barrels, spools, air bunkers - whatever type of field(s) you plan on setting up. Dont overlook parking space. If you don't build it, people will park whereever, and usually where you don't want. A specified chronograph/shooting gallery or people will fire their guns anywhere and everywhere. YOu need to decide if it's FPO or BYOP. If FPO, you need to have a stock of paint on hand so you never run out.

3) What kind of rentals would be good? icons, tippmans, etc. Be ready to clean a LOT of gear. You'll also need air/Co2 tanks, masks, barrel plugs/condoms, packs, etc. for those with absolutely nothing.

4) anything ive missed asking You might think about a riding lawnmower, water and electricity, picnic tables for people to store their gear on, lockers if thievery is a big deal there, shade, etc
See response in red. I've got a LOT of experience with this, having helped set up our field and maintain it over the past 5 years. Our field just shut down ths weekend, but I can tell you it wasn't because it was unsuccessful. In fact, it was the most successful and longest running official field in this area ever. It would still be going if it weren't for the land owner (or more specifically, his new wife). There's a lot more that you can do, but this is the general jist of it all.

Remember, to make it work, especially in an area that hasn't had paintball previously, the rec players are going to make or break you. Most of them PREFER the woods - it's slower, has a lot more cover and they don't get hit nearly as often. For new players, it helps them feel safe. However, they ALWAYS end up playing on the speedball field at the end of the day. Eventually, you'll get a group that prefers the speedball field, and those that prefer the woods.

Reffing (fair reffing) is most necessary as well. It helps maintain order, and helps teach new people the rules. You don't need many refs in the woods, but 3-4 for the speedball fields for sure. We usually got away with just 2 or 3 but we were never super busy at any one time - just consistantly busy.

Most importantly, stay laid back and relaxed. We've had people come from areas with a lot of paintball fields and they tell us that when they play at our field, it's like a vacation with paintall. They say it's comfortable!

If you need to know anything else, I'll be glad to help!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM

I have a guy that i used to teach martial arts to that said he can get me large and small co2 and nitro tanks either free or very cheap...he works for a company that make those containers

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

airups.com Has a reasonable price on bunkers, only about a $1-6k for nice sized fields. Sup Air i think is a little higher but still nice, But to start i would use something you can get free or cheap. Tires, Barrels, Wire Spools, or if you have a local Concrete place, our local field has a field made out of Part conrete part wood, sponsored by the local Meuth Concrete place
This also might help too
Old 04-28-2008, 05:04 PM

O_O urban tactical meets woodsball
Old 04-28-2008, 05:06 PM

justa heads up, that link i posted, the program wont run on my computer but i think its because of stupid MCE
Old 04-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Brian

king-man- Has your field had anyone get hurt with the concrete yet? Because I know that is a big thing with starting a field is the insurance in case someone gets hurt and just paying the basic insurance that comes with a business.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM

the bunkers themselves are made of concrete, the field has been around 6+/- years