Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Soldier

Question Is Paintball Ilegal???

I was wondering if paintball was ilegal or prohibited because i wanted to play in the park across my hous cause its really big but i dont want to get arrested or get my gun tooken away. Please reply. thanks.
Remote hose line with holster
Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Is Paintball Ilegal???

If it's a public park I would find a diffrent place to play. I don't know if it is illegal or not, but you run the risk of hitting other people who aren't wearing protective gear. <<< Wouldn't want to get in a lawsuit if you accidentally hit someone and they got injured.

Play safe.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 PM

Respected, period.

Yes, I do believe that it is illegal to just play where ever you want, especially on public property. I would never recommend playing in a local neighborhood park. There are too many bad things that could happen, then you'd get in trouble, your gun would be confiscated by the police and paintball would get more bad publicity.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Depends on your local government. Your best bet would be to call your local cop shop and ask them. Weather it is or isn't can be up to locals as well. If they don't call the cops and complain then the cops won't come right? I've been playing at a local park recently and there doesn't seem to be any prob with it at all. There's normally about 30-40 people there every Sunday. It's about a 10-15 acre wooded area and local paintballers have put bunkers and all types of cover in there. Not bad for free -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

illegal or not, if there are people nearby, it would be stupid to play there. if its wooded or in the middle of nowhere where there are no people, its really up to the cops. to be safe, i would avoid playing on public property. even playing on private property, like you woods etc. is extremely dangerous if you dont follow proper safety precautions (barrel covers, masks all the time, playing under 300 fps, etc). the only place thats legitimately safe to play is a properly licensed and insured field. if i were you, i wouldnt play anywhere else.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Marine Corps.

.... well .. actually, you can approximately chrono your gun by stepping 100 feet back and shooting at a tree, making it hit the bottom ... Barrel condoms should be on when not playing, as well as masks .. but since your i'm a group .. we take our air equipment out .. when we're done we put on barrel condoms on and walk down the street so ... cops/neighbors won't think it's an open weapon ...

Insurance isn't needed, but just play safe ... and just know that you can't blame it on anyone, since you agreed to play ... it's not someone elses decision to go out and play a sport ...

It's really how you think about it .. i play in my local woods 9/10 times because my local field's ... pretty far to play 1-2 times a week ... as well as expensive, which is why we play every month on a local field. As long as you don't cause any problems which consists of:
shooting houses,
Unsafe Acts,
or even not deep enough in the woods where your playing ... if there is a problem ... then i'd say ... just play at an airball field ...
Old 02-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I think this is a bad move...don't do it yet. I think that you should ask the police Chief from your area. See if you can speak with the chief/sheriff and find out if there is a place in the area you can go (abandonned quarry, etc) and not get hastled by the officers...and that is away from the general public. If he gives you places to go, write them down, his name, his work phone # and keep it with you when you go there. If officers respond, tell them the convo date and time and show them the paper. They will verify it with him.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Scenario Junkie

NEVER NEVER EVER play anywhere there is the slightest chance that someone NOT PROTECTED could wander into the field of play!!! This should be a NO BRAINER!!! CONTROLLED enviroments O N L Y guys!!!! I.E., a REGULATED field. Doing otherwise is what is going to cause all of us to loose this sport. Spend the money...play at a designated field!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 AM

Respected, period.

Amaro, what type of park is this? Just a local neighborhood part which playgroud equipment and houses surrounding it? Thats what I think of when I think of a public park. Playground, Basketball Courts, Baseball Fields, stuff like that say "Public Park" to me. So please be more specific when you say "Public Part".

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Bling Bling Bling

My very good friend is a police officer and has drawn his gun on people with PB guns just playing around in local parks.

If I was a cop and saw a guy with a MR1 or MR2 I would too.... They don't take the time to look and see the hopper or tank and they look pretty realistic.

I would hate for you to get shot (with a bullet) because of PB. Call the local police department and ask them to be sure, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure there are no innocent bystanders (children). If you hurt someone then PB as a whole gets a bad name!!

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!