FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

Default Re: Enemy at the Gates

Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

5 years of "paintball sniper" arguments FTW! over the years, thats become my trump card.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
TJ

I wish fields let snipers set their FPS higher so the ball would travel farther, kinda simulating the role of the sniper. Otherwise the ball is traveling just as far as anyone else. Naaa meean?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

yeah. actually, yesterday, my hammer was set about 5-10 fps lower than my spyder (didnt have a spare screwdriver), and just plinking around, the hammer was outdistancing the spyder by maybe half the distance, using the same barrel and paint.

i dont know if its still like this, but i was reading an article on OK D-Day a few years back, and they said that the "snipers" don't even really shoot. they just point their targets out to a ref.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-27-2008, 04:15 PM

That would be too easy for me then
Old 04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
yeah. actually, yesterday, my hammer was set about 5-10 fps lower than my spyder (didnt have a spare screwdriver), and just plinking around, the hammer was outdistancing the spyder by maybe half the distance, using the same barrel and paint.

i dont know if its still like this, but i was reading an article on OK D-Day a few years back, and they said that the "snipers" don't even really shoot. they just point their targets out to a ref.
WTF

That kinda kills the fun! there are lots of aids for shooting farther my personal fav is the Apex. I think of it this way.
-When you reach the balistic limits with a sniper rifle your accuraccy goes down, I hold this the same for paintball. When you reach PAINTBALLS ballistic limits your accuracy goes way down. So even though the apex lets you shoot farther you are givin the choice atempt the long less accurate shot with something like the apex or wait till the target comes closer so you can shoot them more accuratly without a "aid" like the apex. I understand with a real rifel you dont need an aid but we have already established they are 2 different worlds. And IMO again the "Long shot" is more with the rifle sniping not paintball. For paintball to me the perfect shot is 50-70ft and right in the middle of the back after they walked past you. But to be honest the most useful is the sighlent kill if you are willing to go into the thick bush and creep slowly you will be very suprised how many of these you actually get.

Another of the most valuable things for a sniper to is not shoting being able to just sit there and radio back to your command and let them know what is happening and whats moving in your area. Sometimes i never shot a ball all game because my command just wanted me to lay there and let them know what was heading around the shy side of the corse in attempt to flank our CP. Some people just wouldnt have the patience to do that or think it was a waist of there entry fee. Not me I understand that it comes with the role I "Choose" to play.

Lots of times to you are sent as defensive flankers just to hold the enemy back long enough to let your main force fall back to a better defensible position. You cant expect to get alot of kills all you expect is to distract them enough to put there heads down and then melt back into the bushes before you are seen.

Lots of the people who say snipers in paintball dont exist would change there mind i think if they went to one or two good orginized PB scenarios where rolls are actually givin out and the guys who choose to play "Sniper" have done so for years and know what there doing then i personaly belive those people when they seen what a PB snipers role is, not a rifle snipers role, would change there mind.

Just my .02 cents or .10 hell if you want I will give you the full buck!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 04-28-2008, 06:49 PM

speaking of roles explain something to me....ive always been either a commander or a sniper. I am going to scenario on the 24 of may where they have medics, grenaders, engineers, snipers, and commanders. Explain the engineer and grenader roles
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Life is peachy

Engineers are there to throw up fake props like bridges ect. To an extended ability if you are in a scenario with helicorpers and one gets "taken down" the engineer can tow it back to base and fix it so you dont lose your prop. Basicaly the engineer creates and fixes props.

The grenader or most commenly referd to as the "demolitions expert" is the exact oposit they blow the props up with props of there own. The most common one givin to them is a C4 pouch that they carry around to blow stuff up.

Here is an example. There is a stream running through the corse so the creaters of the scenario instatute a rule "No armor can move across the stream unless its over a bridge." Now team Blue wants to move armor in vast amount to the North ridge and they need to cross the stream. they send in the engineer to build the bridge (Most rules state he must attampt to look busy for half hour before the bridge is compleate) Now they start to move there armor across the Red team sees this and knows what a dissadvantage it is so they attack the bridge and secure it long enough for a demo expert to place a C4 charge they then notify the reff and the bridge is caput and there all back where they started.

Get it?

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Life is peachy

some people also refure to grenaders as "Artillery" the ones who hunt the tanks, put down artillery berages with frag grenades ect.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM

ah, think ill stick to sniper........not my cup of tea....even tho i am an engineer