Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default mini spyder?

so i posted this on pbn, but i know a lot of you don't check there, so...

so i was typing up a tutorial on how to move your esp frame forward. while typing it up for the second person, i realized that if you were to shorten the length of the striker, body, and possibly spring, you could have a spyder 1 inch shorter than normal. to explain it a little more, i'm going to repost the frame moving tutorial:
you need to mod your striker so that the lip is more towards the front and file off the lip in the back since your sear is going to be sitting further forward.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...4017585021.jpg

you need to cut the groove in the body more because of the sear. then you'll probably have to cut off the piece shown to allow for the trigger set screw.

then you hollow out the top of the ESP frame to allow for the curve of the body.

then you drill a hole inside the trigger guard for the frame screw, and hollowed out the original hole for the VA screw. its a good idea to not go all the way through, so that the screw can support the frame too. when Tselanne tapped a hole in the back for the rear frame screw, he said it came right up against the U shape at the end of the sear slot, but the front two screws were enough to support the frame.

all pics courtesy of Tselanne at PBN.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: mini spyder?

seems like a lot of work to just move the grip frame forward
Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 PM

a lot of people complain about how spyder frames are too far back compared to high end guns. and this mod was originally done for people that wanted to put AMG frames on their spyders. but since the ESP frame is shorter than the AMG, you might as well shorten the internals and body too. on PBN somebody brought up the effects of shortening the striker, which is what lead me to this. if you shortened the striker, it could cause it to overcock and cause wear on the sear. but if it had less space to travel back (i.e., shorter body), you wouldn't have that problem.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 AM

this is what it would look like from the outside. i'll try to get exact measurements for the internals when tonight if i have time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...NY0013mini.jpg
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM

and final sketches
stock:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g/scan0002.jpg

cut down 2.7cm from the back:

the green lines are where everything will be moved to, and the black are the original lines.

the striker will end up being 2.4 to 2.7cm long
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote: