Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
New Guy

Default Need high quality regulator for MR2

Looking for a high quality reg. that will fit inside my MR2 forgrip.

All suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Need high quality regulator for MR2

Inside the foregrip? I don't know about that, but I can point you in the direction of some good regulators (I'm assuming you're using CO2, so I'm listing CO2 capable regs): Palmers Stabilizer (lots of different set-ups with those, and they're top of the line for CO2), Bob Long Torpedos, or WGP Black Magic. Nothing else really cuts it for me, but those three have always been there when I've needed them and have never let me down. Reference links are below so you can check out what manufactures I'm talking about. Palmers again is by far my favorite CO2 regulator, and almost certainly will never let liquid CO2 into your marker. They have a bunch of different regulators all based off the same central design, used for different purposes. If you have the cash, I'd pick one up in a heatbeat. Also, out of the three I listed, it's the smallest and most likely will fit inside the foregrip of the MR2.

Palmers Pursuit Website: www.palmer-pursuit.com
Bob Long Website: www.boblongdirect.com
WGP Website: www.armyoforr.com

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Inside the foregrip? I don't know about that, but I can point you in the direction of some good regulators (I'm assuming you're using CO2, so I'm listing CO2 capable regs): Palmers Stabilizer (lots of different set-ups with those, and they're top of the line for CO2), Bob Long Torpedos, or WGP Black Magic. Nothing else really cuts it for me, but those three have always been there when I've needed them and have never let me down. Reference links are below so you can check out what manufactures I'm talking about. Palmers again is by far my favorite CO2 regulator, and almost certainly will never let liquid CO2 into your marker. They have a bunch of different regulators all based off the same central design, used for different purposes. If you have the cash, I'd pick one up in a heaRtbeat. Also, out of the three I listed, it's the smallest and most likely will fit inside the foregrip of the MR2.

Palmers Pursuit Website: www.palmer-pursuit.com
Bob Long Website: www.boblongdirect.com
WGP Website: www.armyoforr.com

Im not sure if CP's work with mr2's but it looks like a cp would fit under the grip
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
MR2 X-style

I run a cp reg inside my foregrip, just keep in mind max output of the reg is 500psi, whereas when your running straight CO2 or HPA it's roughly 850psi so some tuning or using a different high flowing valve(which I am) to compensate with more volume will probably be needed. I upgrade my valve and installed my CP reg all at the same time So I can't say it would be the best choice if done separately. I'm also using nothing but HPA and CP regs were designed for HPA, not necessarily CO2, although that can be debatable.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX View Post
I run a cp reg inside my foregrip, just keep in mind max output of the reg is 500psi, whereas when your running straight CO2 or HPA it's roughly 850psi so some tuning or using a different high flowing valve(which I am) to compensate with more volume will probably be needed. I upgrade my valve and installed my CP reg all at the same time So I can't say it would be the best choice if done separately. I'm also using nothing but HPA and CP regs were designed for HPA, not necessarily CO2, although that can be debatable.
Thanks Viperx,
Your marker looks fabulas!
I'm thinking of using the CP with the 32 degree valve. Using Co2. But with the Turbo valve and a hot main spring behind the striker I just might get away with 500 psi. What do ya think?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Resident *******

I think no. The CP regulator isn't quite that great with CO2, and you run the risk of having to change all the orings often because of it. With a light main spring and a light valve spring, you can really tweak a gun. The velocity adjustment for something like that would come from the regulator's PSI, as more pressure on it would basically equivocate a harder spring, yet yield better efficiency.

SpyderMan, look at the time of my post. I can afford one mistake in 3,228 posts.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM

If you run low pressure then does that mean it will shoot more consistent? I have HPA.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:34 AM
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post

SpyderMan, look at the time of my post. I can afford one mistake in 3,228 posts.
Just busting your screws