Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2008, 06:57 PM
juggalo

Default new rodeo questions

just picked up a rodeo at the local pawnshop, and it appears totally stock, and in good shape. pic soon. i need to know how low i can adjust the regulator before i need to fiddle with springs. my shutter is at 500, all stock, and it doesnt seem to be an issue. i plan to upgrade to an egrip, do i need to replace the striker? it will get a lapco clamping neck, anyone think they can match the marble anno? i want the stock barrel milled to accept freak inserts, but the local machine shops wont do it. any online companies recommended?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: new rodeo questions

Time to break this down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmitchell77 View Post
just picked up a rodeo at the local pawnshop, and it appears totally stock, and in good shape. pic soon. i need to know how low i can adjust the regulator before i need to fiddle with springs. my shutter is at 500, all stock, and it doesnt seem to be an issue.
It depends on the gun. Tolerances vary from gun to gun, so each will be different. I'd assume that the 500psi would be about right, as that's about what a Spyder actually uses. It might be a bit more, but that all depends on the marker itself.

Quote:
i plan to upgrade to an egrip, do i need to replace the striker?
Sometimes, it depends on if the stock striker has issues. The tolerances in Spyders aren't good enough, so sometimes the stock strikers are fine, but sometimes they aren't.

Quote:
it will get a lapco clamping neck, anyone think they can match the marble anno?
I'm assuming that you're referring to the camo-like acid-wash that some Rodeo's have, right? Don't think so, but if I were you I'd pick something like gloss black and pick up those kind of parts for accents when you decide to upgrade, as that would look good on the Rodeo.

Quote:
i want the stock barrel milled to accept freak inserts, but the local machine shops wont do it. any online companies recommended?
Hmmm, I'll look into this for you, but off the top of my head www.whitewolfairsmithing.com and www.docsmachine.com are the only two that might do it.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM
EM1 Tech guy

Quote:
i plan to upgrade to an egrip, do i need to replace the striker?

Quote:
Sometimes, it depends on if the stock striker has issues. The tolerances in Spyders aren't good enough, so sometimes the stock strikers are fine, but sometimes they aren't.
I remember when the first ESP frames came out & there was a problem with the strikers. I'm not 100% sure but....The sear in the e-frames didnt move as much as mech frames so with an older striker & e-frame it would be a hit & miss deal if it would fire or not. If you look at the newer strikers, where the sear would sit on the striker, there is a flat spot on the very bottom.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Resident *******

Yup, that would be the differences in tolerances I was referring to... I just didn't want to blow his mind so soon with him only having three posts on the boards...

That reminds me, welcome to SOC, Dav!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
juggalo

thanks for the quick and informative replies!
as for the strikers, i can recall mech strikers having 1 part # and egrip strikers having another. maybe an older issue.
dont worry about blowin my mind, its already blown. ive been into paintball awhile, just never too big on the internet thing until relatively recently, likely because now im gettin old and gettin fat and sitting at a monitor is alot easier than having my ass shot off in the woods.
im gonna look into the acid wash thing. the finish is the whole reason i bought the rodeo in the first place. just like the old SE's. im gonna have to get 1 of those, too.