Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
New Guy

Default Upgrade Tips?

Hi im new to paintball and i want to get into it and i just got a Spyder Pilot Acs the one that comes with a 12 inch tourni grde barrel i think

What upgrades/Accesories like hoppers and all should i get

I have a

Spyder Pilot Acs
12 CO2 Tank
200 Basic Hopper

Ive been thinking about getting this combo

Tadao VS Series Board - 5 Modes of Operation - Semi Auto Unlimited, Semi Auto Capped, PSP Ramp, Millennium Ramp and 3 Shot Burst - Trigger Debounce - Force Shot Feature - Battery Indicator - Easy Drop-In Instalation.

PLUS

Critical Spyder Trigger/Switch - Complete Replacement trigger and switch from Critical Paintball. Fits your Imagine - Pilot.

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/spyder.htm
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Respected Player

Default Re: Upgrade Tips?

the trigger isnt a bad upgrade but before you upgrade it you should get a feedneck, better hopper (i recomend a vel jr), and a compressed air tank. you dont really have to upgrade the board unless you plan on playing in psp or something like that
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
one ball at a time

ok first off the board is for the vs series markers
get a t board if you want to upgrade boards but it shouldn't be top priority

I would upgrade in this order
feed neck
hopper
barrel
tank
Old 03-19-2008, 04:23 AM
New Guy

Okai Thanks So Much!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:33 AM

barrel is a very important upgrade on any spyder, all stock barrels suck. a j&j ceramic 14 or 16 would be good, I would get a spyder fasta 18v hopper, If you are just getting into the sport don't get too complex too fast the board upgrade is expensive, and doesn't make you any better just shoots faster. The stock board is actually pretty good, got 3 rd 6 rd burst and fully auto. I would get me a good barrel, feedneck and hopper, and get a good exp chamber if you are using co2, or upgrade to air. I have some barrels if you would like to purchase one, 20 for a 14 j&j ceramic. lmk
Old 03-19-2008, 01:27 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum00 View Post
barrel is a very important upgrade on any spyder, all stock barrels suck. a j&j ceramic 14 or 16 would be good, I would get a spyder fasta 18v hopper, If you are just getting into the sport don't get too complex too fast the board upgrade is expensive, and doesn't make you any better just shoots faster. The stock board is actually pretty good, got 3 rd 6 rd burst and fully auto. I would get me a good barrel, feedneck and hopper, and get a good exp chamber if you are using co2, or upgrade to air. I have some barrels if you would like to purchase one, 20 for a 14 j&j ceramic. lmk
So even though it says 12inch tourniment grade barrel on the box i still have to upgrade it?

I have $140

And i still want to know what should i get?

Barrel First?

Feedneck Second?

I Was thinking on getting:

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/barrels/jj.htm

Along With

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/ac...viewloader.htm

The Second One (View Loader Evoloution III) Eggy 3
Old 03-19-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaggo View Post
So even though it says 12inch tourniment grade barrel on the box i still have to upgrade it?

I have $140

And i still want to know what should i get?

Barrel First?

Feedneck Second?

I Was thinking on getting:

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/barrels/jj.htm

Along With

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/ac...viewloader.htm

The Second One (View Loader Evoloution III) Eggy 3
The barrel is alright for stock, but you will want a better barrel the stock barrel bore size is much bigger than most paintballs and you will get alot of curves, a j&j is much smaller and works better on most paint. get a feedneck and good hopper first or it won't matter what kind of barrel you got , you will be shooting slow because of gravity fed hopper, and the stock feedneck sticks the hopper up like 6 inches off the gun, makes it hard to hide behind bunkers and have your gun in the ready position. once again i recommend the fasta 18v led hopper it works great and is easy on batteries. It will feed faster than that gun will ever shoot. And I do have a 14" j&j i will sell for 20. and the part of it saying tournament barrel. Well spyder tl stands for tournament level, and it isn't even close. It is better than the stock barrel on some spyders but not what you will need to be consistant with shots. lmk if you want the barrel.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
New Guy

I stick to recreational play for now so is a feed neck a must? I Play at Paintball Nation www.paintballnation.ca

Last edited by ynaggo : 03-19-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum00 View Post
Good upgrades get a set of sticky dye grips action village had some I got one on ebay for .99 and 9.99 shipping also get a stronger spring don't use the low presuure one though it will chop balls like crazy it is to strong those upgrades will keep you up with ions I have people tripping when they realize I am shooting a Pilot. Find a good paint to to go with your barrel and you will jam
Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 PM

JJ ceramis barrel
sticky die grips check on ebay at action village I got a set for .99 and 9.99 shipping the stock grips will allow paint in.
Get a set of stronger springs around 9.99 or so
A new feed neck then save up for a better hopper I have a fasta and love it