Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 AM
New Guy

Default VS3 Issue

I have a VS3 and need to get a new valve, I think. I have rebuilt and lubed the thing 10 times. The problem is it chatters... It will not stay cocked. I replaced the front block and low pressure reg with the CP products. I am at my wits end.. Love the gun but it is really starting to frustrate me. Any thoughts before I throw it out the window?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM
New Guy

Default Re: VS3 Issue

when i first got my vs3 it did the same thing, but i was because the battery was low, after charging it was fine... also increasing the pressure.. or if you got a new striker recently it could be because of that, my gun does the same thing with my new striker from ACP.. i hear that if you get a new spring thou it works fine.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Spyder Addict

with the acp you have to turn the velocity adjuster in 5 times and set it to 220 psi. If you have a spring kit with compact valve springs it's different and you have to tune.

Did you get a new asa when you got the reg? That could be the problem. If it's not that try lubing the detent slots on the bolt everytime before you use it. And if that doesn't work oil the crap out of the hidden O-ring in the valve, I think i's org005 or org006 I can't remember.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

ok so it when you shoot it, it doesn't return?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:08 AM
New Guy

yes it is when I dry fire it. also I did get a ASA and the pressure is about 250ish. I did not try the detent oil thing but will give it a whirl.. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:23 AM

try using more tension on your spring and less psi.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
New Guy

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15487

Read this post. many vs2's and vs3's have an issue with the detent grooves on the bolt not being milled properly. This can cause all sorts of headaches and unfortunately it is a difficult problem to diagnose unless you know what you are looking for.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Knows all... Fixes all!!!

issues have been seen with the cp regs on the VS's... what lube are you using for the valve? one problem is there is not a whole lot of volume stored with the cp reg being so close to the valve... try getting your hands on a vs1 spring, it is a little stiffer and will close the valve quicker so it doesn't use as much air and has more for the recharge...
Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

i had this exct same problem, the way i fixed it was replkacing all the orings in the the valve area, the two around it, the one inside, the one on the cup seal, the cup seal itself, and the two on the front block, it works fine now try that, if you need some orings hit me up and ill get you some, i do think what tech says makes since though bcause i have only heard it in guns with cp valves, but i know i guy who ent his to kingman and they sent him a rs front block and a new valve and it works fine now