Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
New Guy

Default Q loader mounting

I just got a Q loader and was wondering, what is the best way to mount it on my MR2. I'd perfer not to mount it on the front becaude it would be to front heavy. I tried the direct feed but it did not work properly. The Qloader seems to work better when using the hose so where should I mount this b i t c h.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Life is peachy

Default Re: Q loader mounting

First I would change your choice of wording in your post then i would look into the "Post a pic of your MR2" Thread it should only be a page or two back and you will see how somone custom mounted one on the side of there marker. If you dont like there method of doing it buy the MR side rail kit and mount it that way. I do like the direct feed myself though.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM
PWP Elite

I ended up buying a Qloader super cheap from someone locally, but it was the regular package, and not the CMS upgrade, so I was low on mounting options. I ended up just welding a bracket together that would fit on any weaver rail, (or dovetail if i switch out the spacer), so I can mount my qloader now on any marker with a rail quite easily.

All the parts....

The parts together...

And a view on the side of the marker...

As you can see it's a little rough right now, I cut and ground each piece from some scrap metal, and my brother made that pipe to fit the ring nicely on his lathe. The pipe piece still needs to be cut shorter, just to clean it up a little, and there's many more things to do. Not sure right now if I'm going to save this one, or just make another and keep it for a prototype.

Anyway I figure this is a nice option for the package I have, not having the Custom Mounting system really limited my options on this marker, so I decided to get rid of the problem, and make it fit almost any marker!

p.s. this balances very well, and there's just enough clearance between the marker and the loader, it's a very VERY comfortable setup. Also, from the looks of the photo it all seems angled and out of whack but it is as close to 100% horizontal as I think it could be without being machined, there's no wobbles or anything, alot of time with a file and rotory tool made sure of that !
Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Life is peachy

HEy I never seen this earlier thats a great idea and a great job! you should throw a patent on that sucker!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Its the evil YouTube guy

how exactly does the q-loader work, i can see that it doesn't run off of HPA/co2 like the tippmann cyclone feed thing does. So is it just spring loaded or what? how does it know when to turn and auger more balls in?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:03 AM
PWP Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
HEy I never seen this earlier thats a great idea and a great job! you should throw a patent on that sucker!
Thanks Slim, yeah I havn't posted this before, I just made it about a week or two ago. I like how it turned out, i might make another so it looks a little cleaner but, hey, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing as it is (once I grind and re-paint it, it'll look just fine I'm sure). Plus, I figure if someone's close enough to me to see that it ain't pretty, I must be doing something wrong

Kramernator,
Yeah you load it up by winding it, all the balls are kept in a perfect stack in a spiral pattern. When you load a pod, it unleashes the tension and forces a ball into the breach. As soon as you fire, the tension will already have another ball waiting for you. You should check out the videos on qloader.com (my small explaination doesn't really scratch the surface well), or just do some searches around this forum. You should do some research if you're interested tho, it there's nothing like it out there right now.

Last edited by KingTutBaller : 03-16-2008 at 08:15 AM.