Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
New Guy

Default buying the electra or the ion

Yea I have been really debating whether to get the ion or the electra. Both seem like really great guns, but there is so much bias that I can't choose and I can't test both of them out either so that puts me in a tight spot

I don't like the fact "everybody" has ions, but I wouldn't mind getting one if its the better gun. I know electra dominates in speed, but how is the accuracy? Is it the same like my spyder sonix or whatever? And can someone weigh the gun and also give out the length of this gun?
Old 02-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: buying the electra or the ion

it's really just personal preference .. if you have any friend that owns any of these just try it from there ...

I can really tell you which is better, since i really havn't used an electra before ... I don't really think i could compare them either .. they're different guns ...

just go with whatever you think is gonna be better for you .. read about them i guess
Old 02-19-2006, 02:25 PM

Respected, period.

I really don't think that the Electra owns in speed. The Ion has a spool valve design so it will be able to cycle faster than any Spyder can. With Ion's stock board maybe the Electra is faster but not if you upgrade to say a Lucky or T Board.

As for accuracy really doesn't have much to do with the gun itself. That is more in the barrel to paint match.

The Ion with 12" barrel measures 18" long and weighs 2.2lbs. I'm not sure about how much Spyders weigh but I know its heavier than Ions.

All that said it sounds like I'm promoting Ions, I'm not, I personally don't like Ions, well most Ions, there are a few that I've seen that are nice. Personally at the prices that Ions and Electras are going for I'd buy an ICD ProMaster. It is a better marker than either of the above guns and about the same price.

But once again, like bob said above, its all personal preference.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Upped Ion with a TBoard.
You can always change the body
You can always change the frame
You can get a better barrel
You can get the mods link at PBN and make something that you don't see every day
Old 02-19-2006, 07:16 PM

i own both..

if both guns are stock, i would go towards the ION, but thats only my personal preference, as each has there own tastes..

now when upping these , i found the Electra to be a lot more fun , but that depends on how much u are willing to spend and how far u r going to go ?

with both guns upped, although the ION is much , much lighter, i do prefer playing rec-ball with the Electra.

i am now offered a fenix that doesnt work, and thinkin of making it EP, with Timmy parts .
Its upping it that makes the gun more special, and very enjoyable and fun.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

i have an ion now but there was a time when i had a spyder rodeo. i had the ESP frame, ACS, SP AA barrel, kila detents, clamping feed neck and i had a HPA tank and an egg. and that set up compared to my stock ion, the ion wins, hands down. i was very impressed with the ion when i first used it. but the old e frame rodeo set up is the closest to an 05 electra i ever got. but still, an eframed spyder is an eframed spyder, i guarentee you that the electra will shoot the same as an imagine/e-99/ or any other eframed spyder.

knigman just took advantage of bounce when designing the electra, thats the only reason its, quote on quote "better".

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX
....knigman just took advantage of bounce when designing the electra, thats the only reason its, quote on quote "better".
not 'better'....different. as stock markers they are completely unrelated in every way except that it fires a paintball...

what is "better" is subjective...to the purchaser...

Ion is lighter and is more efficient from the gate.
Electra is heavier but cooler looking...
each have a comparable supply of upgrades....
Old 02-20-2006, 11:26 PM

Maybe you will look in to the new Electra.
And just fore sur it is! Break bem eay.

I dont like Ion and I have used both (stock)
Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

out of the box, its the ion. 17 bps, eyes, lp, and according to the Barron, decent reg. but IMO, spyders are fun to upgrade!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
N()oB pWneR

i say to get a electra. it is way more fun upgrading it. and with only 300 dollars extra added on, u will have a spimmy(spyder/intiminator). a ion is very unreliable, i say. i had an ion and it never worked for me. i got it once, but i got shot 3 times on the PLASTIC part and paint got in the solonoid and cracked the shell. i sold it for an electra and got better preformance.it let me up grade every part, was way more reliable, and it was only 3 ounces heaveir. with 300 bucks u can make an ion a (upped ion that isn't yet a shocker) or a spyder to an intiminator or and angel. the ion has way less kick tho, but thats cause im used to c02 when playing at my house, so it seems like it.im happier with my electra than with the ion i used to own.