Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 AM
New Guy

Question Upgrades for VS3

I just got a VS3 and i was wondering what type of upgrades everyone is doing. So far all i have 14" Sly barrel and CP drop forward. Like everybody else here I already had problems with the stock reg. so i dropped it off at Kingman there like down the street. The gun was not recocking and psi shooting up way past 300 the tech said it was the piston in the reg. and the gauge was swapped out for a 0-600. I think i still want a new reg. if I do that is getting the trinity front block better the stock one or it the same thing. Sorry for the long post.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Upgrades for VS3

The VS3 front block is not threaded to accept regular tank/regulator threads. Like you mentioned, you will need to look into replacing that front block. The Trinity front block is a good place to start. It is designed to be a little higher flowing, and more comfortable for your arms.

That being said, you will then be able to pick up a new regulator. But, alongside that, you will more than likely want to pick up a new ASA (Air Source Adapter, the thing your tank screws into) to replace the old one (which doubled as the regulator). You could also empty out and tinker with the old ASA/Regulator so it would act as an ASA only so it does not hinder and starve the performance of your marker.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 PM
New Guy

What reg. is good?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

CP(custom roducts) if you get a new front block i would get a long, you get a thread adapter i would get a shorty, if you were on a tight budget you cvould get an adapter and drill a bigger hole in the front blcok, i noticed that the RSX front blocks air hole is bigger than a tinity, as far as an ASA you can get just about any, they are all about the same. also anohter good upgrade is a tadao board with an M7 chip, someone on the internet sells them for $48