Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM

Default Pump Tips

so my neighbor has a 20-23 year old Hammer and is letting me borrow it this weekend. I have bever played with a pump before. Is there any tips anyone can give me about playing with a pump gun.

Spyder PILOT (Blue/Black fade)
Freak kit
48/3000
Egg3
Dye Stickies

Invert Mini
Eclipse barrel/Freak kit
Smoke grips
Egg 3
68/4500
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Pump Tips

I've only played with my Hammer a couple times, but it certainly requires some different tactics, especially if you are playing against semis.

The biggest thing to remember is that you don't have much of a rate of fire. So if you take a pot shot at someone, they can take 5 back before you are ready to shoot again. So your best bet is to get closer, and make sure your shots count. You'll also find that moving a lot makes a big difference. Moving sideways to get a better angle on someone behind a bunker, or moving forward to flank people will help a lot. Granted, more aggressive play will also get you hit more often, but you'll learn when you should and shouldn't move.

Also, if you are playing with semis, let other players on your team provide a distraction or cover fire. This will let you move around, because people don't pay a whole lot of attention to the guy that is flinging as much paint. Then, before they know it, you have a perfect shot on them, and they never see it coming.

Lastly, don't be afraid of the autotrigger. People will assume that since you are using a pump, you can't shoot that fast. But the autotrigger (meaning you just hold the trigger, and it fires as you pump) will still let you get decent rates of fire. Maybe not as fast as a semi, but fast enough to make people think twice.

Have fun!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

DONT GET HIT!!!!!! That should help a litle
Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM

Argh, I hate playing with a Hammer, having to make sure you cocked it back far enough to feed a ball, then worrying if you got two in the breech, then having to worry having chopped that half a ball that just slid into the breach. And worst of all having to pull the pump arm forward, that kills me. Nope Hammers jsut can't beet a Spump. But by all means have fun.

FEEDBACK Post Here!
MCB Feedback