Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Pimp Luscious

Default Re: Buy and building a new VS1

I looked into it more, yeah, those Trinity Grips won't fit, I guess that's out the window.

Looking at the manuals of the VS1 and VS2, I'm 99.9% sure the trigger and the front block should fit the VS1, same with the feedneck.

If anyone knows for sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

Are the RS's out and widely availible? What's so good about them?
Also, does anyone know how well a VS2 would run on anti-siphoned CO2 running through a Palmer Stabilizer? I know Kingman doesn't reccomend using CO2 in the stock VS2, but can it be improved to handle it?

-Reschke
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

the rs's arent widely out but check ebay, someone is sellign a few, as far as the vs2 on co2, there is a thread on pbn, ill find it and link it here.
EDIT here it is and also, buy urethane o-rings for it
EDIT*, if you could getyour hands on one of those new SE valves for it, than that would be great for making it run
Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Pimp Luscious

Thanks for the link. I read through all of that with great interest, and it's made me consider running a VS2 on CO2. But, as I gathered, and knew already, running CO2 requires taking several precautions.

Does this sound like a safe (I understand HPA/N2 would be safest, I'm just wondering if it sounds reasonably safe) set-up to run on a VS2????

Spyder VS2
-Anti-siphoned (to match the gun) CO2
-Palmer Stabilizer
-Trinity Front Block w/ LPC
-Trinity VS trigger
-Trinity Universal Drop 07
-New Designz No Rise Feedneck
-SS braided hose instead of Macroline

I figure with the Palmer and the Anti-Siphon, I'll have a pretty good defense against liquid CO2 entering the gun. It seemed that most of the problems that warrant not using CO2 were caused by liquid reaching that balanced valve after destroying the stock reg that couldn't handle it. With that reg collecting dust having been replaced by the Stabilizer, my only hurdle then is whether or not liquid is reaching the balanced valve. With the Anti-siphon and the Palmer, I'm pretty sure that problem is neutralized too. I welcome anyone's thoughts on this.

Which o-rings should I change out? With the set-up I'm planning on running, do I still need to change them out? I understand urethane swells less and would then be less likely to shred or break on me.

Finally, what's special about SE valve? Is it compatible in the VS2? What benefits would it have?

-Reschke
Old 03-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Sounds good, the ones you sould need to change would be the ones in the valve,
The SE, or Synergy Engineered, Valve is the new valve in the rs, its compatible with co2, looking at the bodies the VS2'2 & 3's and the RS and RSX look to bethe same body, so if the valve would fit right that would make it perfect for running co2,
also a im not real familiar with the palmer stabalizer though i have heard alot about it, is it like a regular regulator and and you use it as a grip, or is it like the stock one that works as an ASA, if its regular than, than you need an asa, if its not, then dont waste your money on the front block
Old 03-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Pimp Luscious

It's a standard Male ASA screw in regulator, pretty much hailed as the best regulator for CO2 ever built. People have ripped whole tanks of CO2 on a cold day through a Stabilizer and had the reg ice cold and dripping wet, but still had no liquid enter their guns.

I read in that thread you refered me to it said that pretty much everything up to the valve, including the valve and seal hates CO2, I figured upgrade it all, ASA, lines, reg, front block, to work best with CO2.

Do you know where I could by just as SE valve? If I could drop one of those in an really perfect this CO2 powered VS2, I'd be one happy camper. And I'd have one well working marker that does well exactly what the owners manual strongly recommends not doing! haha.

-Reschke
Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicReschke0626 View Post
It's a standard Male ASA screw in regulator, pretty much hailed as the best regulator for CO2 ever built. People have ripped whole tanks of CO2 on a cold day through a Stabilizer and had the reg ice cold and dripping wet, but still had no liquid enter their guns.

I read in that thread you refered me to it said that pretty much everything up to the valve, including the valve and seal hates CO2, I figured upgrade it all, ASA, lines, reg, front block, to work best with CO2.

Do you know where I could by just as SE valve? If I could drop one of those in an really perfect this CO2 powered VS2, I'd be one happy camper. And I'd have one well working marker that does well exactly what the owners manual strongly recommends not doing! haha.

-Reschke
you would have to find someone parting out a re or see if Kingman will sell you one
Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Pimp Luscious

What model Spyder uses the SE valve?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Quest

Only the RS.
I have heard of someone buying an SE valve directly from Kingman. I'll look to see if that is correct.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Dremel Master

Here is my 2 cents....

Trigger: I would stay away from the Trinity VS trigger. At the moment, the only triggers that are available for the VS series are the Trinity VS trigger and the Custom Products triggers (sling and rake). I have all 3 of them for my VS2, and the CP triggers are, by far, much nicer in feel and performance. I have also tried them out on my buddy's VS1 so you don't need to worry about it not fitting properly. The Trinity trigger feels light and lasks the solid feel that the CP triggers have; the CP triggers are light also, but the just feel more stable. The CPs also utilize a roller bearing, which makes its travel much smoother. They also come with a nut/shim that eliminates the side play that many people dispise. A magnetic return mod can be done to any trigger you decide to use (check out Otter's page for instructions); it's a quick & cheap mod, and the results are impressive.

Grips: The only company that made aftermarket grips for the VS series was Hybrid (key word WAS because they have recently gone out of business). It's very easy to modify grips to fit the VS. All you would need to do is to drill out some new screw holes that aligns with the VS frame. Then take some rubber and make some plugs out of it to fill in the stock screw holes.

As for the use of CO2, I can't help you much on that because I don't know much about it. From what I understand, all that is required for running CO2 on a non-CO2 marker (e.g. VS2) is it replace the buna o-rings with polyurethane ones. I read about this, but don't quote me on the accuracy of that informtaion because I've never seen it in practice. But since you're considering a VS1, this won't really be a problem for you.

EDIT: Stay away from the Fasta hoppers. Their necks are rather unstable, and the break very easily. Both my brother and I cracked the hopper necks last weekend, and according to guys on the Nation, this is a very very common occurence. The actual feed rate of the Fasta 18V is great, but I would suggest going with a hopper that has a reinforce neck (e.g. empire), especially if you dive a lot.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Pimp Luscious

I think I'm going to end up using a slightly upped RS or VS2, I can't decide which. Probably will end up being the RS just for the CO2 compatability.

-Reschke