Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Pimp Luscious

Lightbulb Buy and building a new VS1

Hey all,

I'm a former paintball player of 8 years, I used to play speedball tourneys with a Silver C&C Angel way back in the day (If you can accurately remember what a Silver C&C Angel looks like, you should be able to figure out just how long ago it was I played tourney level paintball.) Anyways, after a number of years, my friends and I are finally getting back into the sport. We're going to be playing on our local private field, and we have a CO2 fill station. N2 is around, but it's a 20min drive. Not very convient compared to a minute long walk to the garage, so CO2 will be the order of the day.

Because the new RS has come out now, the VS1's are dropping in price, thus, I've decided to build off a VS1 platform to create my backyard bruiser.
My goal is to make an accurate, very comfortable, well balanced, efficient CO2 gun. By efficient, I mean works everytime you pick it up just as you expect it to. No jams, no sputtering, greatly reduced velocity spikes, very little drop off. Basically, as consistent of performance as possible on CO2. (Kind of a contradiction of terms isn't it?) It can be a gas hog if it wants to or needs to be, as previously stated, we have a CO2 fill station at our private field.

I'd like to think I'm fairly informed, but I'd like to put up my future purchase list for all of you; veterans, noobs, and everything inbetween, to go over and make recommendations on.

Spyder VS1
- J&J Edge Elite Kit
- New Designz VS Pro-Clamp No Rise Feedneck
- Trinity VS Front with LPC
- Trinity Sick Roller Trigger OR Trinity VS Trigger (Does Sick Roller fit stock VS Trigger Frame?)
- Trinity Universal Cradle 07 w/ On/Off Drop Forward
- Trinity OR Dye grips (Anybody use Trinity's grips before?)
- Palmer Stabilizer
- DXS 16oz CO2 with Anti-Siphon

For a loader, I've been considering....

- My old Revy pre-X Board 18V
- Fasta LCD 18V
- VL VLocity Jr.
- VL Revolution Eye Force
- VL eVLution 3

I'm not a very quick shot, so I'll probably barely average above 10bps. But I'd rather overkill my needs with the eyes on the gun and a quick hopper and reduce my worrying about chops.

I'd welcome any and all input. Anything that would really improve the gun, or it's performance, I'd gladly add to the gun. Running the gun LP isn't a huge concern for me, sipping gas out of the tank isn't a major goal of mine with this marker. What pressure does a stock Spyder VS1 need to operate properly? Should I consider the HP kit for the Palmer?

I figure with my current idea and list in my head, I should end up with one little Spyder that'll rip pretty well on CO2 with very, very few problems. I'm not too concerned about cost, I've spent waaaayyyy more on paintball in the past, I'm just looking for a marker that's going to run CO2 well, and put paint where I want it to put paint, when I want it to. Everytime, with very few problems.

Let me know what you all think.

-Reschke
Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Buy and building a new VS1

sounds good! as for the hopper, i'd get an Eggy3. i have a z-boarded eggy2 on my esp (stock board) and havent had any chops. i got mine for $35 shipped (almost brand new too!)

edit: wow! come to think of it, i havent heard anyone even mention a C+C angel in over 5 years!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Pimp Luscious

I guess my "old" gun, is really more of my "antique" gun then.

Sure wish this bad boy still worked. I loved this gun. Unfortunately it's completely locked up and I can't even open the breech anymore.

Haha, anybody know a shop that can fix this still?

For the youngins, this is was an Angel looked like a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when they first started milling guns from the factory.

-Reschke
Old 03-06-2008, 04:10 PM

my old neighbor that i used to play with had a silver LCD w/ KAPP angled VA & CP flame drop w/ unimount, running off that crappy VL agitated hopper. he got in on ebay for $550! he also had a boomstick just like yours and a blue LPC. you may want to contact WDP (or APS as they're now called) and see what they can do.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Pimp Luscious

Maybe one day. Right now the goal is building this VS1 that will run CO2 fast and clean.

-Reschke
Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

Whoa, i didnt think anyone made grips for VS's, im almost positve DYE doesn't but i coudl see trinty makin them,also, why not by a rs, it runs off co2 and would be a great efficeint and reliable(well, it should be) gun that you wouldnt need any upgrades to make it a mess around gun to go speedball every once in a while, also how much does that gun weigh?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM

you're right. the vs grips are different from normal esp grips. they wont fit.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 03-06-2008, 06:03 PM

I dont think the trigger will work either will it? i think its for the VS2 frame only, but they could be the same but that would defeat the purpose of buying a VS2 Trigger frame.
* idk about the front block either
** Just buy a RS and add a new feedneck, it will be cheaper and alot better
Old 03-06-2008, 06:20 PM

it wont be cheaper because he'd still have to up it to get it to run as consistant. if he changes regs, theres no point in getting an RS.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 PM

no, what m sayin is buy a rs and leave it stock except a trigger and a feedneck,
EDIT, it might run as consitent, course we wont know till someone buys one and runs it on co2