Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
New Guy

Default New regulator for my VS3

I'm pretty new to trying to upgrade my marker and I heard getting a regulator would be a good upgrade. What I was wondering was what a new regulator will do for my VS3? What one I should consider? Also does any kind of regulator work or do I need a specific one to fit for my gun? Thanks A lot!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Default Re: New regulator for my VS3

You need to get a reg adapter. You'll also need to get a new dovetail-mounted ASA, and new macroline fittings since Spyder's are metric. I just ordered a whole setup from Custom Products the other day (reg adapter, shorty reg, gauge, on/off ASA, and macro fittings). There are others you can use though.

Just make sure to use HPA though, I'm pretty sure most of the aftermarket regs can only take HPA.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

get a trinity front block, they are like $10 higher and way worth it i think, then its only two pieces not three, and there aren't any leaks on a front block, idk if they ever have but i can see an adapter doin that, also how much must i stress, u dont need a new asa, fi you cant afford it, dont buy, but when you can, go for it, better efficiancy
Old 03-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Spyder Addict

You need a new asa. It will starve the gun if you don't have one. Reg adapters don't leak. Just get the adapter, the front blocks are made of cheap aluminum.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray and pray View Post
You need a new asa. It will starve the gun if you don't have one. Reg adapters don't leak. Just get the adapter, the front blocks are made of cheap aluminum.
I didnt say they necceraly would i just said they would be more likely to than the front block, also i used my stock asa reg and had no problems out of it with a new reg, like i said they if you let them go wide open then you're fine just it may not be able to handle over 25bps
Old 03-05-2008, 12:54 PM
New Guy

Thanks for the info guys. Also can I buy can any kind of drop foward for my VS3 and would it be easy. Would I have to somehow readjust the macro line or what?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM

it depends on the ASA you use, if you use a straight one like the stock one you should just be able to cut it down, idk if you use one that goes on the side.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
New Guy

I was thinking about buying a CP Direct Mount On-Off ASA and a cp Spyder Razor Drop with Dove Tail. Do you think that will work well? Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Hmm..should, no wait, im not sure on this one but regular spyder drops dont work on the VS's bcuaes the way the holes are lined up, reg,. spyder aren't alligned, vs's are
Old 03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by king-man View Post
Hmm..should, no wait, im not sure on this one but regular spyder drops dont work on the VS's bcuaes the way the holes are lined up, reg,. spyder aren't alligned, vs's are
So what if I use a Custom Products Micro Razor Drop Forward and so the regular spyders aren't alligned and the VS's are? Do you think the ASA will go with it too?