Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2006, 12:00 PM
New Guy

Default Recharge Rate???

Alright I'm really confused about what exactly recharge rate is on a regulator?

I know that it is how fast the regulator can get the air pressure back up to desired psi but does that mean that it your gun will be starving for air and slow your rate of fire? -Or- Just mess with how consistant your gun will shoot at feet per second.

I'm going LP and keep seeing recharge rate appear every where i look for a reg.
Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Recharge Rate???

Well to answer your question......most regulators will recharge more then fast enough. If you have a gauge indicating what pressure your running at which I highly recommend, you can actually watch the gauge to see if your gun is starving. As you shoot faster you will see the needle bounce and can watch the recharge. Some regulators are super fast......for instance the 2-liter+. I had a stock reg on my freestyle and could watch the gauge bounce. Since I put my 2-liter + you can no longer see the gauge move at all. This is due to it's ability to recharge over 100 times a second. With your spyder you generally don't need anything super fast! Also if I can make a recommendation. If your intrested in going LP and don't mind sending it out EagleLox has a great deal on LP'ing your spyder with new custom internals that will help reduce kick way down. If you like to tinker with stuff you can do it yourself. Just found that when I did it........it cost me more in the long run than it would've to have him do it!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
New Guy

Default Re: Recharge Rate???

Thanks for the help.
I would have loved to do the Lp threw that co. you mentioned but I love tinkering and i have already ordered all the parts i need for lp and all am missing is the reg.
thanks for offering though.