Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Default Window Media Player

Hey computer guru's... I am having an issue with my windows media player. When I try to burn a cd WMP is displaying: "Connect a burner and restart the player". The thing is, itunes didn't have any issues burning a cd and in these shots you can see that WMP sees the cd drive and the dvd drives (D: and E. I have read that there may be a problem with the registry indexing the drives or something but I am leary of messing with the registry. Does anyone have any ideas?

Things I have tried:

Restart computer,
Redownload WMP 11 and restart,
Used itunes to burn a cd,
Update WMP 11(said that I have the most current version),

PBNTrust
Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: Window Media Player

wmp has issues with drives, I could never fix mine, I'd recommend using a burner program, many are free right now. I use alcohol 120% which actually is semi free through a 30day trial, I forget what it restricts... but being the haxor I am I found my way around it. If you're not into playing around with **** I'd recommend looking around for something else, here might be a good place to look: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-bes...-cddvd-burner/
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

try updating your drivers for your burner drive. go to:
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager>expand DVD-CDROM Drives>Right click "Name of Hard drive">Update Driver...

if that doesnt work, i dunno...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
try updating your drivers for your burner drive. go to:
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager>expand DVD-CDROM Drives>Right click "Name of Hard drive">Update Driver...

if that doesnt work, i dunno...
Mmm. I tried that. It said that I had all the updated driver/s. It is so weird. I just made a cd about 2 weeks ago. The only thing that I have added is the video capture Dazzle thing.

As far as using something else to burn cds... I already have itunes(crappy, crappy, itunes... I hate the layout of itunes...), realplayer, and a few others... I just used WMP because I liked the navagation, it also sincs with my xbox so I can stream music and video to my entertainment center from the blade. It also sucks because I just taught my wife how to burn cds so she could do it herself. Oh well. I'm installing some updates now so maybe that will help me. My neighbor is a puter wiz. Maybe he can help me.

PBNTrust
Old 03-01-2008, 08:20 AM
wat

WMP is probably the worst music player there is.

iTunes is so much better.

Foobar is so much better than both, but lacks built in burning capabilities. So I'm not sure what to tell you. I just know WMP sucks.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano 177 View Post
I already have itunes(crappy, crappy, itunes... I hate the layout of itunes
iTunes' layout is for people who can barely turn on a computer, its easy to use and has absolutly no more features than the basic user needs other than built in converters
Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post

Foobar is so much better than both, but lacks built in burning capabilities. So I'm not sure what to tell you. I just know WMP sucks.
I'll agree that WMP is the almost the worst(see below), but let's not give apple too much credit. itunes is really terrible. Even Zune is much better than itunes.

ALSO, if you don't delete real player right now, deano... I won't respect you ever, that IS the worst software on the planet. Give me weather bug, give me that stupid dancing bear, give me anything... it's better than real player. Trust me.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

for once, i agree 100% with claus...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:46 PM
THE GAME

woo. Also, here's the list I usually check to find what I should use instead of bad programs. It's pretty much all great stuff. I don't think I disagree with a lot:

http://whdb.com/2008/the-top-50-prop...-alternatives/
Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post

I don't know about that. I hate itunes. You can't even highlight more than one song for deletion. It must be personal preferance. I have gotten used to the WMP and I also can stream my playlists to my Xbox 360.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king-man View Post
iTunes' layout is for people who can barely turn on a computer, its easy to use and has absolutly no more features than the basic user needs other than built in converters
Yea, pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
I'll agree that WMP is the almost the worst(see below), but let's not give apple too much credit. itunes is really terrible. Even Zune is much better than itunes.

ALSO, if you don't delete real player right now, deano... I won't respect you ever, that IS the worst software on the planet. Give me weather bug, give me that stupid dancing bear, give me anything... it's better than real player. Trust me.
Well, I only downloaded it because I was trying to watch some stuff on NASA's page and I had to have realplayer to watch it. That is the only time I have used it.

PBNTrust