Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Spyder vs. Angel

ive shot both (Imagine and a 2k1 Angel) and on both i maxed out at 12bps. like vike said, its the skill.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 AM
New Guy

I don't know, spyders are nutorious for not beeing acurate, and the angels don't have that problem. Is not all about how fast and concistant a marker can shoot.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

yeah, if you leave the stock barrel on both. if you put the same barrel on a spyder and an angel, they will shoot equally as accurate

personally, i dont even really like angels. just not my style. im a matrix guy
Old 03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
10/19/03

They will shoot the same accuracy with the same paint and same barrel.... until you factor in the spyders blowback and kick. Then the spyder jumps and accuracy goes . Spool valves ftw.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Spyder vs. Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatphil
.... until you factor in the spyders blowback and kick. Then the spyder jumps and accuracy goes ........
Depends on who's Spyder you're shooting and how it's configured. I think I pretty much have this Spyder thing to a science. People seem impressed when trying mine out and it's a Spyder so I don't think they're just patronizing me. I get the, "quiet, little recoil and great trigger action" comments all the time. Angels? Meh.....no comment cept I'm deffinately not a fan -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Electra Club Member #3

Angels get way to much credit, don't get me wrong there are an excellent marker and all, but there not my favorite and seems not to be most peoples favorite. Its mainly noobs that seem to put them up on a golden pedestal and portray them as godlike. I prefer Timmy's and DM's my self, and I think Cocker's and Timmy's would be a better match.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetal
Angels get way to much credit, don't get me wrong there are an excellent marker and all, but there not my favorite and seems not to be most peoples favorite. Its mainly noobs that seem to put them up on a golden pedestal and portray them as godlike. I prefer Timmy's and DM's my self, and I think Cocker's and Timmy's would be a better match.
well, angels do get alot of credit, but its justified. angels are great markers, and i give WDP credit for not necesarily try making the smallest gun possible, but trying to make the best. id shoot an angel over a timmy any day. they both operate pretty much the same (both pin valves) but WDP actually developed the gun to operate the best it could. bob long just kinda slapped a ram into a blowback and called it a day. just because a gun is smaller and looks cooler doesnt mean it shoots better.

yeah, newbs give put it on a pedistal, but thats just because its the only high end gun they know of.

but spool valve > pin valve
Old 03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Electra Club Member #3

I think it just boils down to what your comfortable with, I really don't think one marker is better than another marker, just some markers give you more options than others, and I know some people swear up and down they this marker X is better than than marker Y and they know for a fact because they've played with both and it made there game better, which is most likely them just feeling more confident and more comfortable because its what they like and and think is better. It just like a Pimp, its a great gun but I suck with it couse my damn hands to big for that little frame but my friend kicks ass with it couse he has little women hands. Paintball 95% skill and experience and 5% equipment. I wished wearing a dye jersey made me better.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Indian

I happen to own both an angel and a spyder at this minute. I personaly would take my spyder over the angel anyday. Now granted my angel is a older model but i know from experiance with my friends angels that they run of the same basic idea. I Like angel but i personaly love the feel of a spyder in my hands then any other marker.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I have a spyder, a T1, a shocker, and an angel. (Blowback, pin vlave and spool valve.) I've shot DM's, Protos, Timmys and just about most every other gun, just since this summer, so I have some experience. Wanna know the truth?

Spyders rank WAYYYY down the list. Even my very upped Spyder shooting low pressure and everything doesn't reach the feel of these other guns. Don't get me wrong! I still really like them. But I can't say they compare to my other guns.

Then, just above that would be the Timmy. I shot another one this weekend because a while back I shot one and didn't like it - but assumed we didn't know anything about them and had it set up wrong. This one was supposedly set up perfectly and, sorry to say this for all you Timmy lovers out there, YUCK! I just couldn't get the feel of it. Not saying they're crap guns, because they aren't, but I just don't like them for some reason.

Now, since the question is Angel vs Spyder, I have to say that I love the way my Angel shoots WAY more than my Spyder. Not to dis Chubbs up there ^^^ but no way would I take my Spyder (remember, very up'd!) over my Angel. Also, my Angel is blind and doesn't have any up's but a barrel, clamping feedneck and unimount. It just feels better, shoots better and is much lighter (yup, lighter!) than my spyder.

However, of all the different types, I'd take a spool valve any time. The DM's, the Protos and my Shocker and all the other shocker's I've shot - in my opinion - blow the other types of guns away. Except for maintenance issues, which aren't that tough at all, I think they're the best operation I've owned.