Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Default N'Vasion Paintball League Tournament

Well today was my first tournament with a pump!

First of all, let me say, Pump is the most FREAKING FUN I've had playing paintball in SO long. The Hammer is going to be leaving me very soon. It... ...sucks. Haha.

I'm definitely picking up a Phantom for the next event/pump marker instead of the Hammer. You should see the ghetto job I had to do with the "ghost ring" in order to actually aim with the damn thing. Hahaha. None-the-less, it was the most fun I've had in... well since Andy and Patrick came up haha.

Well, we were VS Semi. We were the only pump team there and bunkering with a pump is either really fun, or sucks horribly. (As you pump players know) Basically, we lost a game because Matt (captain) bunkered a guy and it ended up no breaking. DOH!
The guy ended getting up behind us without us knowing in the first round of the finals and screwed us up. I took 5 to the back and Tim (co-captain) took 3-6.

Well, for our first tournament as the team (officially) we won EVERY preliminary match. We weren't shot out once. We were in first going into the finals. The finals went as follows:

1st game: Loss, 0pts, no flag grab
2nd game: Loss, 20pts, no flag grab, 2 player elimination's in our favor
3rd game: Win, 100pts, flag grab and hang, 3 player elimination in our favor
4th game : Loss, Reff's fault. Guy was out by Matt, didn't check hit, ran through, took Matt out, snap battled me (he was laning my bunker pretty harsh) and the hammer chopped. ...that was that.

We gained ALOT of respect. We also got sponsored. Power Trip Energy drink is our new sponsor. They are giving us t-shirts, backpacks, baseball caps, screen printing assistance (they'll probably print their names on our jerseys for free) and we get all the Power Trip we can handle.

I'm definitely getting a Phantom before next event though I can't stand this Hammer. I had to put o-rings (cut) behind the spring to actually get it up to 250FPS. It was spiking from 150's to the 270's depending on the situation. This gun was lubed and everything... (Otters old Hammer )

Those jerseys will be done in two weeks for those that want them. We're trying to figure out a cost, but it wont be that much.

Team guns:

Tim (our co-captain):

Sponsor:

My 50rnd on the "Ghetto rigged" Hammer:

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"

Last edited by Ace24 : 02-20-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM
*Offical Gun Whore*

Default Re: N'Vasion Paintball League Tournament

Sweet man congrats......on a side note since I helped u get the hammer and now that your sponsered do I get a free energy drink? lol
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 02-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS3 Sniper View Post
Sweet man congrats......on a side note since I helped u get the hammer and now that your sponsered do I get a free energy drink? lol
Sure, I'll send your bro and you one of your choice of flavor. *I have to send you that other "package" too, that I've been meaning to send you. PM current addy if you're going to be there for longer then a week.

Pics are up (that I've taken... we'll have video soon I think)

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Spyder Addict

Congrats man!

I miss my pump...of course it was so darn heavy you could of clubed someone to death with it...but still...goodtimes...
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
add 1,794 posts

congradulations on the sponsorship. sound like it was a lot of fun
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes it was! Can't wait till I have the funds for the Phantom.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Spyder Addict

People laugh and make fun............but most of our phantoms are equipped with red dot's or Halo's............During tourny's it became quite common to get hit in the head when you peeked out of the first bunker

In fact Krazy8 and I played in kilts at an indoor field in Tacoma WA, people stared when we walked in the door.............so much most didn't notice what we had in our hands! When we slapped the 3.5 oz and 13 cu in tanks up they didn't even want to fill them because they were so small and abnormal to them. After we convinced them otherwise we each hopped in and played on different sides. I don't know how many times it ended up me vs him under the X after the other guys were shot out! But I know the very first game.......off the break one of the guys slid into his bunker and I anticipated the head poke and put a round right where I thought his head would poke out and gogged him! $2000 in brand new equipment on him..........he was really happy about that!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM

Nothing more humiliating and humbling that being whooped by a pump when you have a semi.

We got so much respect from that.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Seņor Member

Hmm... maybe I should build my Victor into a pump..

Congrats man, looks like someone had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 02-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Banned

Pump is very fun.
Too bad I no longer own one.
Lookin to pick up a hammer, tho. Saw a few on PbN.