Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Bird Of Prey in de house

Default Oh joy, more problems with my 05 electra!

Sigh, I cant win with this thing.
I took it out to the field the last time I went, had good paint, no problems there. Hopper was working fine no problems when I would chrono it and just shoot it to make sure it was working fine.
I get out onto the field, take off, start to fire, get 2 shots off, and it uncocks. I adjust the velocity (which was fine 2 mins ago and wasn't changed), recocked it, wouldn't even fire again. Kept uncocking half the way. And even after recocking/adjusting the velocity several times, it never worked for me.
Any ideas?

My set up:
stock 05 electra
halo B
co2
el tigre balls
14 inch cp
Old 02-16-2006, 08:41 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Oh joy, more problems with my 05 electra!

This might sound like a stupid question but is your tank full?

Also, if I'm correct there is a regulator and a guage on there, what does the guage read when its gassed up?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 02-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Bird Of Prey in de house

Full co2 tank, and I dont have gauge... or a regulator....
Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 PM

maybe the co2 is frosen in the macrolin ect.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:53 AM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird
Full co2 tank, and I dont have gauge... or a regulator....
My bad, I was going off of a Kingman diagram so I wasn't sure if the diagram they had was for the 05 Electra or another one.

Maybe it is the sear or 'noid that is sticking. You haven't by chance shimmed the 'noid? If you have maybe your shim is too big. Also check out the sear, make just that hasn't been damaged or rounded. Also check the striker for damage where the sear catches it. Also check all your oring on your striker and bolt for damage. Make sure the inside of the body is clean of all debris and that you oil the orings on the striker and bolt with paintball oil. Only oil the bolt if it has orings and is metal. If its delrin don't oil it. Try that stuff and let us know what happens.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 02-17-2006, 07:58 AM
New Guy with a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut
My bad, I was going off of a Kingman diagram so I wasn't sure if the diagram they had was for the 05 Electra or another one.

Maybe it is the sear or 'noid that is sticking. You haven't by chance shimmed the 'noid? If you have maybe your shim is too big. Also check out the sear, make just that hasn't been damaged or rounded. Also check the striker for damage where the sear catches it. Also check all your oring on your striker and bolt for damage. Make sure the inside of the body is clean of all debris and that you oil the orings on the striker and bolt with paintball oil. Only oil the bolt if it has orings and is metal. If its delrin don't oil it. Try that stuff and let us know what happens.
Especially that. Sounds like a familiar problem that I had =)
Old 02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Marine Corps.

hah, hmm .. i'v shimmed my noid with a dime .. and my trigger doesn't seem to except it .. has little bursts of burping, but still recocking.. decided i'd rather waste battery energy than have it keep burping ... Therefore, shimming the noid isn't really the best decision .. unless your capacitor, or noid is a bit broke ...

Always remember to polish and oil
Polishing

Also try a hard mainspring .. might keep it cocked .. only problem is blowback ... which im assuming you have an aggitating hopper, so you'd be fine, and try a weak valve spring.

Also, check to see how much wear's on your striker, and sear ... if it's moderate or heavy .. you might want to consider getting a new one

always remember to clean your gun after heavy play, always, it will increase the life of your marker
Old 02-18-2006, 04:00 AM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglieboogliebob
hah, hmm .. i'v shimmed my noid with a dime .. and my trigger doesn't seem to except it .. has little bursts of burping, but still recocking.. decided i'd rather waste battery energy than have it keep burping ... Therefore, shimming the noid isn't really the best decision .. unless your capacitor, or noid is a bit broke ...

I had my 'noid shimmed with a penny forever and never had a problem once. I started out with a nickle like the mod I read told me to do and it jackhammered all the time. I switched the nickle out for the next smallest coin (in size) and never had the problem again. So, I guess its just marker to marker weather it will work or not.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Bird Of Prey in de house

Don't really see how it could be screwed already, I've played in all of about 3 games with it, and they were only 5 min games. I did take it apart recently, oiled it up before the last time I went, and I didn't notice anything wrong with the O-Rings. I always end up getting it to work for a few mins, scarring the crap out of the other players, then it breaks down and im stuck playing with an imagine which seems horribly slow. Hmm, I'll tear it apart later tonight and take another look, thanks for the tips
Old 02-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

after staring at a diagram for link 15 mins....these ideas finally came to me...

1. Make sure your sear is polished and square on top and in the back
2. Make sure the sear notch on the hammer is also square and that there's no oil/debris gummed in there
3. Sear spring needs replacement
4. Sear itself has warped/bent and needs replacement
5. Hammer spring is too strong, replace with a lighter one