Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2008, 04:29 PM
The King Of All VS2's

Default Pa?

I Was Wondering If Anyone Lived In PA And If So Anywhere Near Hatboro Or Horsham?

[FS/T]Core2Quad Rig

*!VS2 Owners Group!*

From PbNation
"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 32 seconds."
Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Veteran Noob

Default Re: Pa?

North Wales close enough for you? lol Whats up man?

Black Kingman Spyder MR1
12" J&J Ceramic
Rap 4 M16 Hanguard & Sight
Ricochet AK 9V
Trinity Clamping Feedneck
ACP Delrin Bolt
Shocktech Spring Kit
Custom Short Pull Mech Trigger
Side To Side Trigger Play Reduction
Laser Sight Under Handguard
45 Degree Offset Rail
Leapers Red/Green Dot Sight
Spyder Remote
Collapsible Car Stock
Custom Sling
--------------------------------
Tiberius Tac8 Pistol Side Arm

My Home Field: www.lvpsouth.com
Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
The King Of All VS2's

hey that is pretty close. what fields do you play at?

[FS/T]Core2Quad Rig

*!VS2 Owners Group!*

From PbNation
"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 32 seconds."
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I'm over here by Allentown
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
The King Of All VS2's

well when a big skirmish game comes up send me a pm druid and ill go. that would be a lot of fun.

[FS/T]Core2Quad Rig

*!VS2 Owners Group!*

From PbNation
Old 02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
<('.'<)C--('.'q)

hey druid, youre pretty close to me.. i live in valley forge in the malvern area

One heart, One love, One Gun.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM

cool and cool.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Veteran Noob

Druid, I am usually at lvp south aka condor/cobra command, Iron triangle. Not much into anything other than woodsball. I hear the big games at skirmish are great. The videos look amazing!

Black Kingman Spyder MR1
12" J&J Ceramic
Ricochet AK 9V
ACP Delrin Bolt
Shocktech Spring Kit
45 Degree Offset Rail
Spyder Remote
Collapsible Car Stock
Custom Sling
--------------------------------
Tiberius Tac8 Pistol Side Arm

My Home Field: www.lvpsouth.com
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Dub_Spyder View Post
Druid, I am usually at lvp south aka condor/cobra command, Iron triangle. Not much into anything other than woodsball. I hear the big games at skirmish are great. The videos look amazing!
You know...it's funny you mentioned that, I've not been to that field in years...lol...and it's really not that far from me either. I used to do the Global [outdoor] field now and then but that was a few years before the kid sold the business to the new dude (forget his name) and then moved it to it's current (indoor) location. I've not been to Cobra in at least 6 years...probably more so let me ask you...how is the field and under the new management? Has anything changed (bunkers, lay-out, etc) since before him? What are his rates and so forth? I guess I should chuck on over one of these days and find out...lol...
~~~
As far as Skirmish goes...I'm 50/50 right now after experiencing the melee at Normandy 07. It was NOT a safe game at all. A quick synopsis is:

"Walk-on" days are generally pretty good. You can go up any time, any day and get some good gaming in with fairness and safety.

Medium sized scenarios like Stalingrad/Berlin are pretty good too...with only a few (or minor) safety issues here and there. Berlin of 06 (?) had problems with retards shooting reballs out of hot markers but it was caught fairly quickly and squashed.

Normandy 07 was an absolute disaster. Besides the fact that the field was severely understaffed (one ref per 43 players or more), players were "trusted" to self-chrono on an "HONORS SYSTEM (!!!), blue plastic or glass chinese-checkers-sized spheres were being shot out of hot markers and even found on the field in a bag (found on the beach and were shot at the Germans...I was German)...one kid got lit up so bad that he fell into a ditch and injured his spine on a boulder. The players and reffs trying to render first aid and extract the player were under constant fire that no one would (or could??) stop. A tank was assailed with a smoke grenade thrown into one side of it and lit up from the other at point-blank range (dude lifted the safety netting and lit up the occupants). Factor in the additional problems that the game was so obviously one-sided (in favor of the Allies) that because props were never delivered for us [Germans] to protect/move/capture etc........after about 4 hours of total abuse, we left the field in protest.

We've pretty much determined that the sheer magnitude of that game was too much for Paul (the field owner) and reffs to handle. It was severely understaffed to begin with and at least 2/3rds of the reffs weren't even regular reffs - they were employees of his other half of the business "Whitewater Rafting" - and know absolutely **** about paintball...let alone make rulings or decisions on the field...

I won't even go near that field in 08 for another Normandy. I may go to Berlin/Stalingrad/October Castle but I want tons of feedback about Normandy 08 before I step onto the property for a huge event ever again.

Go to Berlin or Stalingrad but I suggest you wait on the Normandy game this year...so we can see what happens.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Veteran Noob

Holy crap! I did not hear any of that from the 07 Normandy! That is ridiculous that people would be so f*&^$# up to do things like that. This is not a sport where unsupervised kids, and immature adults should be allowed to participate!

Years ago when I started balling, I met Norm at his OLD field in the Sellersville area. When he moved here to 309, I was not very impressed with the fields. After years of devolopment, it has come along to be a great local field. It is mostly geared torwards speedball (indoor & outdoors) But has (3) satisfactory woodsball fields. After Norm sold to Condor Paintball, the park for the most part stayed the same. Lehigh Valley PB has only been in there for a few months, but the guys that run the place are pretty cool. Hopefully with having experience in the business and with some money behind them, they can make the park even better. Being as local as you are, I am sure that it wouls be satisfactory for you. They have been slowly building the website, but they have some scenerios coming up and what not. Check it out! www.lvpsouth.com -Matt

Black Kingman Spyder MR1
12" J&J Ceramic
Ricochet AK 9V
ACP Delrin Bolt
Shocktech Spring Kit
45 Degree Offset Rail