Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default Re: global warming?

well kill our selves off far before global warming kicks in full throtle. why do viruses kill off the host which carries them, if it is what supports their life? well loose to technology, not nature. and i agree, we need to take after a being with natures similiar to ours, and spread, get off this planet. people hope that things will just happen, but they wont without action.

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

edit: dammit vike! you beat me too it.

while were ranting about something:
i believe that we(as a world) have our priorities in the absolutely wrong direction. we still live our lives by a cycle that is based on the sun.... yet there is very much of the working population, that works indoors, under artificial lighting.... and there are places where light is in absence for 24 hours of the day durring parts of the year. why are we still based on a cycle which is inconsistant and is so short that people feel absent of something, poeple become stressed. why havent we set ourselves to a cycle in which a person can get an entirely full rest, then work longer, and have a period of relaxation long enough to satisfy ones needs. we have the electronic means to keep track of something like that, and efficiency and comfort of workers could increase drastically. yet we are to focused on "staying comfotable" with the way things are, to realize that we arent comfortable, getting less than 8 hours of sleep sucks compared to 10, and when you get 10 hours, there isnt enough work to do during the day to get you to fall asleep at night, so you work harder and cut into personal time... etc. life isnt meant to be lived in 24 hour shifts. honestly, if school was year round, i believe due to the retainment of knowlege kids could finish school in less time./rant over... its hard to follow, i know...

Last edited by claustrophobia9 : 02-16-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
honestly, if school was year round, i believe due to the retainment of knowlege kids could finish school in less time.
You're actually right on this one. Studies have shown that students, particularly those in lower grades, lose a lot of what they learned over the year during the 3-month vacation. Teachers in these grades spend a large amount of time (sometimes upwards of 2-3 months) reteaching what the students supposedly "learned" the year/years before, just to get them ready to learn what they need to know in the current year. That leaves only 6-7 months to get the skills required taught and for mastery to happen before the student gets moved to the next grade.

The jury's still out, though, on the full year long commitment to school. Personally, I think a 2 month on, 2 week off schedule would be more beneficial. Two months, you have time to introduce and reinforce concepts, and then take some down time to let their young minds recoup and reflect over a short period, then it's right back again.

I've long wondered, with our technological advances that supposedly "make life easier", why we work harder and longer hours than 10 years ago, just to try and stay caught up? We don't get ahead, we actually fall behind. Here's the fun part - this is so bad, companies have actually created job positions strictly to combat this issue. When I worked for an insurance company as an analyst, our home office hired a firm from Florida, who flew in "experts" from all over the world to try and figure out how to better utilize our time. Remember the old shows that depicted the future where humans would have all this time to better themselves because of the technology?

Instead, we now have the "greenhouse" problem (to get back to the theme of the thread) among other problems, that seem to be generated, and enhanced by our newfound ability to compact even more garbage into a smaller space....I'm telling ya, it's either go to space or dig into the ground...take your pick!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:46 PM
still wants a green name

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
well kill our selves off far before global warming kicks in full throtle. why do viruses kill off the host which carries them, if it is what supports their life? well loose to technology, not nature. and i agree, we need to take after a being with natures similiar to ours, and spread, get off this planet. people hope that things will just happen, but they wont without action.
I agree completely

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein

Last edited by 03TiburonGT : 02-16-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:49 PM

I think that the earth is warming but not because of human activity. The earth takes cycles. Earth has gotten warmer after every ice age and that is what it is doing right now, getteing warmer. There was ice where i currently live a few thousand years ago and since then it has been melting.

i Guarantee that Earth has been warmer than it currently is in the past few billion years it has been in existance.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned

i believe that it isnt farfetched that something similar to the matrix would occur, but in the matrix, people were forced into an alternate reality through war with robots, i believe people will willingly enter themselves in an alternate reality which requires a complete subconcious embodiment.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 PM

It's weather, Earl. It changes and come and goes in cycles. Last year they had freaking snow down into the Mexican Gulf coast!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Ice ages come in cycles. it freezes awhile then it melts for awhile. and repeats every I don't remember how long. Although one things for sure. Last weekend I'm pretty sure that I saw lightning during a snowstorm. They didn't even write about that crap in the bible.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Do what you like.

Well what the ache in my bones is telling me is that global warming is a big excuse....
sheesh, who am I kidding? I'm 18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
like pee'ing in the pool...sooner or later, you'll get a mouth full...
haha! sigged!
We're the boys of the county hell
Old 02-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Fluent in Stroll

its just a season on a larger scale. itll keep getting warmer for a while, but in a few years it will start to get cold again, possibly cold enough for the next ice age. then the ice will melt and repeat. seasons...yay!!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

people freak out about natural weather and stuff, just because we had like a few killer storms were all doomed and the world is going to end... i say to myself: "if you are arfraid of the end of the world, leave earth before it comes!!!!"