Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 03:37 AM
*team peerless*

Default global warming?

i live up in wisconsin and this year the max snow weve had is about 8 inches at a time, and the lowest temp has been about -10.....

ALLL of my elders (parents teachers ect) tell me that when they were kids it wasnt unusual to get about 16 inches and get to -45 below

now i personally DO think something is going on with this global warming stuff. i mean jeez if theres been that much of a difference in about 30-40 years how much snow are we gunna get in 100 years?

then again ive met ppl who think global warming isnt real, think the earth just gets hotter sometimes and colder others....

what are ur opinions on this matter?

- 2006 smart parts ion
-white body kit
-68/4500
SOON TO BE

2006 pontiac GTO/ 2006 dodge charger!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:17 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: global warming?

My father told me when he was a kid (and showed me pictures) of the Ohio River froze solid enough to where you could walk across it.

But he also stated that there has been different fluctuation's in weather for centuries and it is alway's changing.

JB.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Global temperatures are governed by several processes...

the North Atlantic Current
Volcanic activity
tectonic activity
variations in sunspots
man-made pollutants

"The Year Without a Summer" was the year the Frankenstein was written...there was a Global Winter like nothing else...and it was caused by a major volcanic eruption on the other side of the palnet. It launched so much debris into the atmosphere that it snowed a pinkiish-red snow in New England. It killed major crops world-wide. It also caused major drought the next 5 years that killed most every crop. It was a driving force for Americans to push to the mid-west...

man-made pollutants do hurt the environment but nothing link Mother Nature.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

global warming is a hoax perpetrated by scientist who can't explain what's really happening...i.e. "it's cold..it's global warming" "it's hot....it's global warming"...."the terrorists are at it again...it's global warming" .."i can't get laid....you guessed it...global warming" LOL

Super Duper Feedback
Old 02-16-2006, 10:20 AM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexGtr
i can't get laid....you guessed it...global warming" LOL
You sure just being plain ugly isn't a factor? LoL :P
Old 02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_daddy_d
You sure just being plain ugly isn't a factor? LoL :P
nope coz the reason for being ugly is....yep..global warming LOL

Super Duper Feedback
Old 02-16-2006, 10:40 AM
still wants a green name

The thing that most scientists or regular people for that matter, dont take into consideration is that the Earth's climate is not stable. Most computer programs and graphs assume that it is such, leading one on to think that we are the true cause of this phenomenon.

Taken from http://home.austarnet.com.au/yours/G...e_Bullcrap.htm :

The three fundamental flaws in Global Warming are

1. It falsely assumes that the Earth's temperature is otherwise stable.

2. It relies on coincidence, not science, that an increase in CO2 in air comes from fuel burning.

3. It just assumes, with no proof, that very small Carbon Dioxide increases will be amplified (positive feedback) into big temperature effects.

I dont believe in global warming, period.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

scientists try to say that CO2 in the atmosphere traps heat inside it and helps to block radiation from the sun, causing cooling...and our reduction in trees (world-wide) and plankton doesn't filter it out..well...wouldn't they cancel each-other out then?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I believe that the world is a self-petuating system that humans are screwing with. In the end, the world's gonna win, one way or another. It's scientific fact there have been at least 5 mass extinctions in the history of the world. (scientific, not biblical - let's not start THAT argument! LOL!) Could it be that the world, in an effort to seek a balance, will wipe out the agent that's unbalancing it? In this case, that'd be us. I liken it to the line from the Matrix - humans are a virus. We overpopulate and area, then spread to the next, trashing it out, filling it with toxins and basically killing it, then moving on.

The difference between our time and the other's in those extinctions is that humans actually are the cause of the world's ecosystem failures. Did you know that something like 25 species become extinct every single day in the world, mainly caused by human interaction and encroachment? I think that the weather changes, though normal in a normal situation are actually being sped up because of our interference, above mentioned polution (Co2, carcinogens, whatever, being released by the second into the atmosphere.)

What makes this worse is that we (humans) are using up the resources the planet has to help itself regenerate, those found in the earth itself. I think that the world needs a balance, and we're seriously unbalancing it. Do I think that it'll happen soon? No, but certainly within the next few generations. I personally think the damage is done. I also think that the damage is MUCH more serious than the world's governments are letting on (plausible deniability, protecting our innocent minds - they figure if we knew everything, we'd have widespread panic, looting, killing, etc. I agree with that to a point - look what's happening around the world right now!)

I think it's time to start looking elsewhere - not on this planet. Sounds weird, but think about it. We're burning resources like crazy, but we aren't replacing it. We're keeping some areas clear, but that's like pee'ing in the pool...sooner or later, you'll get a mouth full...

Problem is, we're land-locked. Or should I say, planet-locked...we don't have the ability to go elsewhere.

Global warming? Pshhhh! We WISH that was the problem!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
*team peerless*

dude that was the deepest **** ive ever heard...couldnt of been better if i were drunk and high.... that was the like best speechy thing ever hahaha

- 2006 smart parts ion
-white body kit
-68/4500
SOON TO BE

2006 pontiac GTO/ 2006 dodge charger!