Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
say i wont and i'll prove you wrong

Default i need help with anti-siphon

ive got the valve off of my tank but there is nowhere to screw in the anti-siphon tube. can anyone help?

Invert Mini Silver w/ Black parts - Orange Bolt - Killa Ball Detents - Proto .689 back/Dye UL 14" front - 45/4500 Pure Energy tank - VLocity Jr w/ Speedfeed
Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Its the evil YouTube guy

Default Re: i need help with anti-siphon

i don't know, you should go to an air smith,they will know what to do plus that way the tank won't explode and hurt someone, i'm not saying that you don't know what you are doing, its just that if an air smith does it then you know its done right.

otherwise just search the web,(google it) you might find something.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Finally!!!

Did you buy the anti-siphon kit or are you making your own? If you have the kit then you just have to unscrew the setscrew that holds the valve pin and spring in the valve (look at the side of the vavle that screws into the tank you'll see a hex-head setscrew) be careful that the spring and valve doesn't come out. For some reason OtterSC's how to wouldn't open up for me but here is a pretty good how-to make and/or install an anti-siphon...
***If any of this seems confusing or more than you feel confortable doing, STOP and have a qualified Airsmith do the install. Installed improperly an anti-siphon could damage your marker and even worse YOU!!!***

The Anti-Siphon:
First, lets build the Anti-Siphon tube itself: You’ll need a short length of metal tubing and a brass threaded 1/8” Pipe plug, both of which are available at any self-respecting hardware store. Copper tubing is easy to cut and shape, though in a pinch brass or steel tubing will work. You’ll want a short length of tubing between 1/8” and 1/4”OD . I use 3/16”. A full foot of tubing should cost less than a dollar, and the plug might cost seventy-five cents. You’ll need a drill and an appropriate sized drill bit, and some solder and a torch or soldering iron to assemble the tube. If you have a tubing cutter, so much the better, but a fine-tooth hacksaw and a small file will give good results. Now, drill the plug though the center with a drill bit that matches the diameter of the tubing you purchased. Check and make sure the tubing will actually fit the hole; you don’t want it too loose, but it does need to slide in. Now, cut off a three to four inch section of the tubing, and be sure both ends are filed smooth and clean. Make sure you blow out any loose shavings or filings. Slide the tube into the drilled plug about a quarter-inch, light the torch and solder the tube in place. If you don’t know how to solder something, please get help from an expert. Once the assembly is cool, inspect it to be sure the solder is going to hold firmly, and that the passage through the tube is not obstructed.

Now, what you will want to do is bend and shape the tube so that it nearly touches the upper edge of the tank when the whole assembled tank and valve is installed in whatever Air System Adapter (ASA) you have planned for it. So first, screw the valve into the adapter where you are going to be using it. Fitting an anti-siphon means fitting it to one particular ASA, since it could stop in a different position on a different adapter. An anti-siphon on one gun could very well become a siphon on another, simply by tightening 180 degrees differently. So, once the valve is tightened to the adapter you are fitting it to, mark the ‘straight up’ position with a dab of paint, a good marker or a small scratch on the valve. Make this mark fairly permanent, so you will know where the tube is later, and you can try it on other paintguns, if the mark shows the tube is in the correct position. This is the direction you want the tube to point. Thread the newly-assembled tube into the valve body and tighten it down. Carefully bend the tube by hand towards the mark. You want to make a short “J” shape, so the tube almost touches the inside wall of the tank, near the ‘shoulder’ where the tank starts getting narrower for the “neck”. For the larger 3/16” and 1/4” tubes, be careful you don’t crimp or kink it, and keep re-checking the fit in the tank. You may have to cut off some to make a nice, compact fit, so again, be careful, don’t cut too much. See the diagram for how the tube should fit. You also want a smooth radius bend, so that you can actually get the tube inside; sharp bends make this difficult. Once you have the tube bent to shape, and you are happy with the fit, double-check the fit to the ASA, make sure the tube is pointing in the correct direction (Straight up), and install the valve to the tank like normal.

http://snakeeyes88.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=mod&action=display&thread=11780868 63
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Its the evil YouTube guy

does the one you have look like this?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:17 PM

had to go and buy a new valve. the on that i had was made solid and couldnt be taken apart. so problem solved

Invert Mini Silver w/ Black parts - Orange Bolt - Killa Ball Detents - Proto .689 back/Dye UL 14" front - 45/4500 Pure Energy tank - VLocity Jr w/ Speedfeed
Old 01-18-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramernator
does the one you have look like this?
ya the one that i got looks just like that just not as shiny