Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Default I want to switch to HPA

I'd like to have the tank vest mounted (on my back) and use a remote line.
Does the regulator go on the tank or on the marker ? or both ?
What do I need to accomplish the above.
For reference my Local field fills both 3000 & 4500 PSI.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Re: I want to switch to HPA

there is a regulator on the HPA tank already. It drops the PSI from 3000 or 4500 down to about 800-850.

If you are using HPA then you don't need a regulator on your MR. The gun works at 800psi and the tank will put that out. A regulator is needed on the gun if you want to lower the psi bellow that of the output of the tank.

As for a tank, get a 4500psi tank. it will yield more shots per fill and if your field will fill up to 4500 then you cant go wrong.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM

ok. If the tank has the reg on it. I can run my remote from the tank to the ASA on my marker right ? ...Then what happens past that. What goes from the ASA to the marker itself ?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Has Been

the macro/steel hose that is already on your marker.

Yes you can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
the macro/steel hose that is already on your marker.

Yes you can do that.
sweet. Can I use the stock black hose that comes with the MR2. (I took mine off for the AK-47 Ex chamber)
Old 01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
you wanna mess with me?

yes you can.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM

ok. Now whats the differerence between low pressure tanks and high pressure tanks.

also most of the tanks I looked at ActionVillage do 850 PSI output and thats preset. If the Mr2 works at 800psi...? thats where the regulator comes in right....? what I am curious about though is that NONe of these tanks had a regulator on them...
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalk3r
ok. Now whats the differerence between low pressure tanks and high pressure tanks.

also most of the tanks I looked at ActionVillage do 850 PSI output and thats preset. If the Mr2 works at 800psi...? thats where the regulator comes in right....? what I am curious about though is that NONe of these tanks had a regulator on them...
I hope I can help clear up a few things about the operating pressure of the MR2 (or really any low-end paintball gun that is designed to use co2)

First of all, the reason why most HPA tanks are preset to 850 psi is because that is the pressure of co2 at room temperature. Lower the temperature lower the pressure, raise the temp. raise the pressure. Simple right? Right. Tippman and Kingman designed their markers to operate within a range of pressures. That is why they included a velocity adjustment screw. With their markers you don't need to have a regulator to have fun. You just screw the tank on the gun and you're set.

HPA is a little different. You NEED a regulator on the tank or else the 3000 psi coming out of the tank would damage your marker at best and probably hurt or kill someone at worst. So to answer your question: There will always be a regulator on a HPA tank.

What is the difference between a High Pressure tank and a Low Pressure tank?

Nothing. They are the same tanks with the same pressure inside the tank(3000 to 4500 psi). The difference is in the regulator. A low pressure tank usually has an output pressure below 450 psi while a high pressure tank has an output pressure at 850 psi. In my opinion, you would almost always be better off buying a tank with an output pressure of 850 psi.

My Feedback:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8662

MR2 Upgrades:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340
Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM

ok. got it. makes sense. Thank you. What I am trying to wrap my head around is the difference in psi ..if the marker runs on 800psi and the tank outputs 850psi...what happens to that extra 50psi. What is controlling that. Isnt that extra pressure going to damage the gun ? I understand the velocity screw adjustment, but that controlls the PB velocity but what would control that extra pressure coming into the gun , considering that most of these tanks are present at about 850.psi.

So if one were to take a stock MR2 out of the box and desired to play with it using HPA and a Remote, all one would need is a HPA tank 3000-4500psi that has a regulator (or install one somewhere between the tank and marker) and the remote it self. Do they make special remotes for HPA ?or will the one I am using work ?

Last edited by SkinWalk3r : 01-15-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:04 PM

guys ??