Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Life is peachy

Default Scenario Stratagies?

I was wondering if any of you here were part of a mil-sim or scenario styled team or group and if so do you practice? if you do i thought that I would be nice if you would want to throw up your stratagies on a thread for future players to read. i for one am very interested in all scenario, mil-sim and woodsball stratagies.

I have seen alot of different stratagies from elaborate to simple I even seen one time a small group throw out artillery bombardment to cover some of there team retreating! they were using those 3 man balloon launchers! might not be the most high tech but it really did look neet and because there was alot of them it worked. you only needed a spec of paint on you from any of the balloons to be called out and when there was so many hitting trees branches ect the area was coverd in baby blue! that was probably the most creative I have seen! but throw up your ideas, practice plans or even things you have seen on the feild.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

Default Re: Scenario Stratagies?

I always love the classic pincer move. I find it is the easiest way to eliminate large objectives quickly, and if you have the right things happening, it should overwhelm that objective. I'm not really part of a team, but i paintball with a few people here. Its a small town in the middle of oregon with lots of trees. you do the math

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page

Last edited by interceptorMR2 : 01-04-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Life is peachy

The Idea behind the claymore ambush is confusion its great for taking out large groups. The setback to the claymore ambush is patience no one can be over zelos or trigger happy.

To start off the ambush is used for wooded areas with trails. The trap is to be set along the trail as people usually take the path of least resistance.

The steps are as fallows

(TRIP MINE CLAYMORE)

Step 1- choose your location wisly you want to have an area with good cover to hide yourselves in but not so thick that you cannot fire at the enemy. Also you will want to have decent enough visibility.

Step 2- form a cover firing box 50 feet accross for a safe perimiter wial one individual sets up the claymore (usually a TR 12 mastermine trip mine) It is importent to have a secure box with all sides covered so that the individual feels safe enough to take there time with the preperation and location of the claymore its very importent. Try to set it so that the mine is spraying down the trail each way, if you know what direction the party is comming from have it all spray that way. This should eliminate alot of oposition.

Step 3- hit the bush (make sure you dont trip off the wire to your own mine when you do so) go about 20-30 feet in and stay low pick spots with lanes and some visibility. you still want to stay in your box formation, and if at all posible try to have a line of sight with eachother for silent hand signel communication when the enemy is spotted. If you cannot use radios and inform the rest of the group as you see a party aproach. Tell them how many what direction they are headed if you can what type of weapons they have. BE PATIENT.

Step 4- the attack is initiated by the claymore, everyone has to sit tight until the mine goes off. Once the mine goes off alot of the Tango's will be eliminated as it only takes one spec of paint to eliminate a player. As soon as the mine goes off there will be a second of confusion, maby more if there noobs.
You want to jump up now and catch the remaning players in the crossfire, because you are situated in a box they will be taking paint from all sides and wont know where to turn. The ambush will end in seconds and if done properly there will be NO casualties.

A different twist- Another way to take out the enemy is to have an aditinal person in the pary who is directly across from the mine 20-30 feet in the bush instead of haveing the mine tripped off he will pull the string when the mine is in the center of the group thus eliminating the entire middel portion of the group. To use this idea a few thigs have to be done different.
-set up your mine to point across the trail
-Have an extra member in the group to set off the mine manually
-the 2 parts you will have to focuse on now when you jump up is the front few people and the back few people.

This causes more confusion as it happens in the middel of the group where everyone thinks there safe.

Hope this helps you with alot of sucsessfull ambushes.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Its the evil YouTube guy

surround them, then pop up and get em in the crossfire. like an ambush type thing
Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

yeah thats sort of what a pincer move does, but doesnt completely surround a team, i love surrounding but usually dont have enough guys to do it if I am playing a game with friends, but a pincer move is an easy way to cause confusion, its a double flanking, and generally most armies or paintball teams in this case do is that they usually only look one way (tunnel vision sorta) and if you are attacking from two sides it creates confusion and distraction. I also like to fake a pincer move with small squads, get the largest force to draw away from eachother and stretch out, then take a squad up the middle and cut the opposing force in half. This way, communication is cut off as well as reinforcements, and the opposing team is surrounded. This usually works well when taking out major objectives like a base.

Another great way to unnerve a larger opposing force is to inflict large blows by using a guerilla warfare style approach, and with small squads creating simultaneous or randomly timed attacks, a team is forced to stay on their toes at all times, which this just makes it fun to watch a team tear themselves apart on their own. My main strategies in a game go in these stages: to distract, divide, isolate, then overwhelm. It seems to have worked quite well for me Distract: stretch the main force out by placing small squads on whatever flanks possible. Divide: take a squad up the middle and cut the force into fragments. Isolate: This is part of the division process, it cuts off a a part of a team from the rest, which allows for easy pickin. Overwhelm: close in and take them out.

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Life is peachy

The hardest thing i find about scenario is that unless you have a team its hard to get any coordinated attack going with walk on players of varring skill levels. Even sometimes communication is hard, another reason why i usually snipe its lots up to the individual, your lifeline to the team with a radio. This cuts out the lack of communication and uncoordinated efforts. I am trying to get a team again but im out in the boonies!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Life is peachy

To do this effectivly you need 3 people at least. As you move up to a door you form a "V" with player 1 going to the left of the door, player 2 going to the right and taking the doornob and player 3 staying back and getting low. Player 2 will open the door fast and close it fast to see if it draws over zelios gunnmen. If it doesnt he will open the door again player 3 who is kneeled down or laying down will then move into clear the room player 1 is providing cover fire until player 3 is a few feet into the room then he fallows (If you have a larger team they will stand to the side until player 3 goes in then they will go after him and before player 1. Once player 1 and 3 are into the room player 2 fallows buy this time the room is clear now player 3 moves directly to the door handel and takes player 2 spot. player 2 moves over to player 1 spot and player one who was the last person into the room takes player 3 spot. you repeat the prossess.
As you come up to the next door you switch positions again. player 3 will be on the left of the door and player 1 will open the door(be on the right) player 2 will breach the room.

You repeate this prossess through the building.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady
I was wondering if any of you here were part of a mil-sim or scenario styled team or group
Yes. Team PennDragon.
and if so do you practice?
Yes. Once a week, normally Saturdays.
if you do i thought that I would be nice if you would want to throw up your stratagies on a thread for future players to read. i for one am very interested in all scenario, mil-sim and woodsball stratagies.
Strategies are pretty much the same from team to team. The hardest part is anticipating what the other team is planning. You need the ability to instantly modify a plan or maneuver the instant you realize it's not going to work out for you in that instance...and what to change it to. Team members also need to learn from their mistakes. Have an 'afteraction' report ready and everyone chimes in (one at a time) about things they noticed they did right...and wrong. Then devise a method of correcting those mistakes or expand on what works.
I have seen alot of different stratagies from elaborate to simple I even seen one time a small group throw out artillery bombardment to cover some of there team retreating! they were using those 3 man balloon launchers! might not be the most high tech but it really did look neet and because there was alot of them it worked. you only needed a spec of paint on you from any of the balloons to be called out and when there was so many hitting trees branches ect the area was coverd in baby blue! that was probably the most creative I have seen! but throw up your ideas, practice plans or even things you have seen on the feild.
I've seen that very maneuver and you are right...it works well. We have 3 players that practice shooting small objects and they attempt to shoot the grenades in flight - to send them off in another direction.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Life is peachy

This is a very open type of sniping (but its not nessissarly traditional sniping) I like to call "Hit and Run"
You can get yourself alot of kills using this method if you are fast enough and know when to pull the pin. This is for snipers that have full auto capability, or 1 sniper and one player with full auto, works better if you both do incase the party comes from a different direction.

this is how it goes

Step 1- Find a nice location along a trail through the bush you want it to have excellent low cover incase you have to hit the dirt, but clean enough uptop you can shoot through it relativly good. once you have your spot you want to each pick oposite sides of the trail facing away from eachother about 20 feet apart and about 10-20 feet into the bush. What this does is takes away the back attack seeing how you are each watching the way the other team would come to shoot your partner in the back.

Step 2- Be very still and very patient, the first one to spot a team or person advances slips a hand down to the call button on his radio (use earbuds) this lets his partner know without looking targets are coming up behind him. The person facing the targets does not engage rather waits for the trgets to go buy.

Step 3- As the targets move buy slowly move you will now flip your gun to full auto as you prepair to load up the kills as a "heavy gunner sniper!" The attack will be initiated buy your partner once the party moves safly past him to a safe distance, until that time you are ever so redy to let looose if they see him in the mean time.

Step 4- After they are far enough away the sniper who they past last last will take one shot at the highest profile member of the party (commander, medic, engineer, great player ect.) Once he shoots the first shot you let loose with a volly of full auto driving them to cover and slaughtering alot of them.

Step 5- You dont want to hang around to long, the sniper who picked off the high profile target dissapeared as soon as you let the full auto fly now you are alone. Dont get gready you still want to get out of there wial there in shock of what just happened or you will be bunkered-BAD.

Step 6- get out of there and relocate, dont head up stream to try to hit that same group again they will be extra weary. Instead go downstream and catch a new group. Repeat this prossess until you get board.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Life is peachy

Alright here is a few essentials to get that noobie sniper going.
we are assuming he knows about camo ghillie suits guns gear ect.
he is at the feild the game has started and he is redy to go.

Step 1- You do not move along trails, stick to the thick cover and move slowly. Your the Aligator and this is your swamp. Make sure to avoid high trafic areas, chances are your own team would shoot at you if they cought a glimps of you. Speed is not crucial, angility is, be QUITE.

Step 2- Look for high ground, if you have Apex or flatline find those extra long lanes. you are looking for a spot with heavy cover to hide in but not so thick that you cant see through it and stick your barrel through it.

Step 3- Once you found that spot, particularly mildly traveled, avoid movement as much as possible. That is what will give you away. Try to find a place to lay down then you will be less visible and more stable to increase accuracy. you have to be patient and trust in your abilitys and camo. Dont let the parinoia get to you.

Step 4- Your not only there to shoot people part of a snipers job is reconnicence and reporting back to your command center for autherisation to take out the target. They may want you to let this particular opponent pass for now and hold your position. Tell your Command center anything you think may be valuble to the team, spotting props, special players ect.

step 5- The time has come to take out the mark you picked a particular individual out of a group of 5 who so happens to be an engineer sent to fix a bridge your team demmoed earlier to stop there tank advance.
Instead of being over zelos be patient do not take a head on shot what you want to do is let the group pass you buy, to an optimal distance on 40-50 feet.
Take your time remember all the skill in the one shot kill and take the shot.

Step 6- You should be aming center mass none of this head shot crap it just opens up more oprotunity to miss. now you shoot and attempt to take the individual right in the middel of the back.

Step 7- regardless of wether you hit or miss you dont shoot again they will be onto you now if you shot again it will give away your position just stay there and dont move. The only way to shot again is if you are 100% confident they had no clue where it was comming from and you could slipp in another shot with them still not knowing.
This usually only happens if the group has been engaged by another party.

Step 8- change positions and do it all again.

A few more pointers.

- when travling with a group stick to the bushes dont walk in uniform with the rest of the team stay off to the side to flank, be carefull though your own team may even still shot at you.
-the idea of sniping is to not be killed, not get alot of kills.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!