Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Ummm

Default Magna Drive or Velocity?

I have a Halo B right now but I have some money and wanted a new loader.

I was kind of looking at the Magna Drive but wasn't sure. The price is a bit high

Question 1: Does the Magna Drive come WITH the RF chip and will the chip work on the SE Proto Matrix Rail?
2: Is it heavier then the Velocity or Halo B (<--just use the Halo as a Weight Comparison cause i have one)

I was als looking at the Velocity. I see a lt of pro's using this hopper. And a lot of People at my local field use them.

Question 1: Velocity JR or Regular Velocity?
2: How much does it weigh?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: Magna Drive or Velocity?

I havent held a vlocity but I've held a vlocity jr and it was pretty light. I assume they are near in weight, but not much of a difference. I'd go with the Vlocity Jr myself.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The Magna will be a bit heavier than your Halo B when loaded with paint, but that's because it holds an extra 30 or so balls in reserve. It also carries it's weight a bit differently than your Halo because of the location of the feedneck in comparison. To me, it felt pretty comfy on my gun with the tank shouldered, so honestly, weight isn't a comparable issue here.

The RF chip will work with the Rail from what I understand - it's just an RF chip, after all. Just install and go. However, I don't think the Magna comes with the chip stock.

As far as a lot of pros using the Velocity and a lot of people at your local field, give the Magna time. It just came out. If you were around when the Velocity came out, NO ONE wanted that thing because it was "too ugly." Now every one of those jokers has one, haha!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Vlocity for sure, it'll feed plenty fast for your PMR
Old 01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

I have the magna drive, it doesn't come with RF chip for your gun its a extra $30 something. The weight when empty is lighter then a halo b/empire b but still heavier then vlocity. If you have in the low cap. floor it will be lighter then halo when loaded with high cap. floor it will be slightly heavier.

The Rf chip works wonders, I didn't have a single pause due to waiting on a ball to load the entire day I played with it a few weeks ago.

It puts more weight over your hand but I liked it that way, seems like it is eaiser to snap shoot like the gun moves better with you. Also the design is really low profile, I usually take 1 or 2 hopper hits in a day and I didn't get any last time.

Although I still want a vlocity to mess around with I think the magna is a solid hopper and def. have no regrets getting it over a vlocity.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Finally!!!

Price wise the VLocity Jr. will be a good choice, performance wise, well there's a reason the magna costs more, but is it really worth it? Only time will tell. The only thing that has kept me from picking up a Magna is that I've been waiting for the Jrny to come out, with a price mark around $120 (so they say) and it's features I think it might be worth taking a look at. As for the RF chip to install in you marker, it's gonna run ya an additional $40.
Family Photo
My Feedback
Old 01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Ummm

I looked at the Jrny but it looks way too big.. Kind of like a football. The way they have the auger(<---Spelling) it looks fast
Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 AM
The Gumpster

I say, VLocity if you have the money or for about the same price you can get a VLocity you can get a VLo JR with aftermarket chip
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

My friend has a vlocity jr with virtue and gangstar chip. Its extremely fast and he got it for pretty cheap in LNIB condition.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
THE GAME

vljr