Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
MR-1 Owner

Default Re: Mech Spyder Or SP Vibe

What electronic spyder would you recommend to me that would run perfectly fine on co2?
of course i know that they aren't going to run perfect but something that runs decent enough for the average user like me?
In a gun i want something without much kick but im looking more for a short trigger pull... which i could get with any adjustable trigger... somthing that does 10bps or so... i know i wont be using that 10bps all the time and if i do i wont be holding it for long... also somthing not too too expensive maybe $200 max... any suggestions?

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old 12-31-2007, 06:29 PM

You can get a Pilot for $80 on Action Villlage.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...YAAAEDASTO1WtJ

Xbox Live: Cal3bH
Old 12-31-2007, 07:02 PM
MR-1 Owner

On The other hand though... i could stick with my MR1... with that money i could invest in some reballs or something... i have another question... where my bolt is there are some scratches on the internals of the gun not on the bolt but on the inside where the tip of the bolt would be there are about two scratches along the wall... is this from dirt? the bolt? or is it just normal... back to the gun... im starting to think now that maybe if i just modded the trigger to reduce front slack and back slack i could stick with it.. and just go with some paint and air and have fun and learn... i think that would be the best.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 PM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

VS1 over vibe any day. The internals in a gen 1 spyder can run strait liquid co2 if you want to. Vibe is a rip off compared to a VS1, the VS1 is simpler, has eyes, a better stock board and is MADE to run co2 not adapted and rigged up using 90s technology on modern parts. The scratches on the bolt are normal, its a design flaw and thye only design flaw you will find in a STBB, while its firing it also recocks at the same time, upward force on the bolt from the valve pushes up on the bolt while its dragged across the top tube causing nasty looking wear, this can be fixed with a derlin bolt.

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS
Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
I don't think that Druid is saying you are cheap, but that those who reported problems with freezing on their EP markers without taking all the precautions neccessary.
That's correct. I was NOT calling the poster cheap...I was making a general reference about those little Nation agglets that don't listen worth a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_2
What electronic spyder would you recommend to me that would run perfectly fine on co2?
of course i know that they aren't going to run perfect but something that runs decent enough for the average user like me?
In a gun i want something without much kick but im looking more for a short trigger pull... which i could get with any adjustable trigger... somthing that does 10bps or so... i know i wont be using that 10bps all the time and if i do i wont be holding it for long... also somthing not too too expensive maybe $200 max... any suggestions?
Your marker, if upgraded with an E-Frame, will be absolutely fine.

You should antisiphon your Co2 bottles anyway and regardless of what marker you are using that is NEWER THAN the year 2000.

OLD markers worked on CO2 that was liquified...like OLD Tippys, OLD PMI's, OLD pump guns...etc. They had a tendency to have brass cupseals (or 'valve plates') and only a few O-Rings...as opposed to today's world of <8 Orings, delrin/plastic internals, etc...

I highly suggest you have a proshop or other airsmith perform the antisiphon job for you but if that's impossible, perhaps you can get someone mechanically inclined to perform the task. I listed a tutorial on how to antisiphon a CO2 bottle so search my username and find it...I think it's in the "air" section of this forum...

EDIT: Found it...... Click HERE

Last edited by druid : 01-01-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned

E-frame your MR1 and you'd be good to go
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
MR-1 Owner

The only thing about e-framing it is that the grips i have now are for a .45 frame and they wouldn't fit the e-frame.. not that i couldn't sell them though... i could e-frame it... i just need a bit of money first..

Old 01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_2
The only thing about e-framing it is that the grips i have now are for a .45 frame and they wouldn't fit the e-frame.. not that i couldn't sell them though... i could e-frame it... i just need a bit of money first..
it'd be cheaper than buying a whole new gun
Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

if you want a good gun that runs good off co2 look at the mags
Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

I was told mags hate CO2.

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS