Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Support Thread version 2.0

I'm looking to gain weight, not lose it. I only weight 145 lbs right now, I want to get up to 175.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

If optimum nutrition makes one get it! Other than that I dunno haven't tried any in forever.

I'm fluctuating from 154 to 156. Summer heat and being active is kicking me in the rear but.....

I'm doing different workout's that involve using my bodyweight and it's working out great. We have this power stand thingy that you do pushup's/pullup's etc. etc. on and I love it.

I'm gonna get pic's of the company gym sometime this week cause I helped pick out the equipment and stuff like that.

JB.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:04 PM
wat

I might start running again tonight..I'm not sure..
Old 07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Here's me at about 158 when the pic was taken. I'm starting to fill my frame out I'd like to be around 170 at the bodyfat percentage I'm at right now.

Getting there slowly but surely.

Edit-
Hehe notice the 4 month old paintball scar on my bicep. The one thing I absolutely hate about paintball!

JB.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:54 PM

Respected, period.

Here is me at almost my pinnacle before I got sick. I think I was at about 155-157 in this picture. I peaked at 160 in December. This picture isn't he greatest but you can see the muscle development in my neck/shoulders. I'm actually bigger than I had ever been before in that picture. I didn't think I was that big but since I've been sick all my friends have started to comment on how big I was getting. Even my best friend said one day in the locker room when I took off my shirt he thought to himself "Damn! Josh is getting big!" He said he didn't say anything because he likes giving me a hard time so I push myself harder. Now that I've lost all that muscle, I realize how big I actually was. I'll get back there and then surpass it.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut
Here is me at almost my pinnacle before I got sick. I think I was at about 155-157 in this picture. I peaked at 160 in December. This picture isn't he greatest but you can see the muscle development in my neck/shoulders. I'm actually bigger than I had ever been before in that picture. I didn't think I was that big but since I've been sick all my friends have started to comment on how big I was getting. Even my best friend said one day in the locker room when I took off my shirt he thought to himself "Damn! Josh is getting big!" He said he didn't say anything because he likes giving me a hard time so I push myself harder. Now that I've lost all that muscle, I realize how big I actually was. I'll get back there and then surpass it.

isnt that the pic u have on ur myspace and everything else??

eh i just discoverd this thread....im going to the gym everyday, im 6' 5" - 6' 6" ish and i weigh like 230....somewhere around there....maybe a little less.

what do u think i should do to loose some wieght and add some muscle...is there anything you all suggest i should do?

loose wieght as in loose fat weight, and add muscle weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:11 AM

Respected, period.

I did. I'm not sure if I have it up there anymore.

As for how you should lose weight. Cardio and diet is what is going to drop the pounds. Treadmill, elliptical or the bike are great ways to do cardio. Its best if you do cardio first thing in the morning before you eat anything. Your burn your excess calories that you consumed the day before in your sleep. So when you work out in the morning your a burning straight fat.

Gaining muscle is just lifting weights regularly. We could help you put together a routine if you like. What do you have available when it comes to workout equipment? Do you belong to a gym?

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, time to wake this thread back up again, LOL!

I started back at the gym this week. I had said I wasn't going to, but the working out at home wasn't cutting it, and I was hurting my legs and heel even more by running on the concrete and asphalt, so I gave in.

(Little history as to why I quit the gym: The previous owners had a deal where if you were a teacher, you got a big discount for yourself and your family. When the new owners came in, they got rid of all discounts - although it's rumored that some people have the "in" on discounts - see the town's society people. The owner is a sister to the 2nd wealthiest man in town, so go figure.)

Anywho, I want to lose a LOT of weight by this time next year, would prefer to lose 10 pounds by the start of school - which is in 26 days (CRAP! Time is flying this summer!) I know 10 pounds is a lot to ask for, but I've dropped 5 this week which I've discovered isn't water weight, because I'm sucking the water down like crazy. I would LOVE to drop 20 by then, but that's too much to ask, I know. I'd be happy with 5, because I know the slow and steady thing.

My workout - On M, W, F, I'm taking the workout I learned on the DVD thing I did last year and using the gym weights. Low weight and high reps, because I don't want to be bigger, just more tone. Easy sets, takes about 20-30 minutes to finish everything with stretching incoporated. I stretch between sets of 3-4 different muscle groups worked. Then, I hit the treadmill for a 20 minute run (which will be stretched to 30 in about 3-4 weeks,) stretch again, then hit the eliptical runner for 15 minutes (will move up to 20 in 3-4 weeks.) Then it's the sauna for 10-15 minutes.

On T, TH, S, I do the treadmill and eliptical thing, then am thinking of hitting the stationary bicycle for another 20 minutes. Then it's the sauna again on Tuesday and Thursday. Sunday is my day off (also paintball day for now.)

I've really enjoyed this week - I go in the mornings before I eat (try to hit the gym about 8:00) then come home and eat some cereal and skim milk after a shower. I just need to watch the eating after supper and in the afternoons.

Keep your fingers crossed! I'm hoping to drop 30-35 pounds before it's all said and done. Like I said, 5 pounds already taken care of, so I have a good jump on it.

BTW - anyone ever hear of podfitness.com? The gym is participating in it, and it sounds kinda decent. For like 20 days, they're offering a free trial. You can download a personal fitness trainer's voice onto your Ipod OVER your own music score and they'll walk you through a plan developed just for you. You get to choose a trainer you want from like 50 known trainers for like 21.00 a month. I haven't done it yet because she never gave me the card with the access code on it, but it sounded pretty cool!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 PM
wat

I'm going again this afternoon, I like going in the mornings better but I'm going because I need to go..I went Monday afternoon..and I'm still sore lol.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Respected, period.

I've been going everyday but have been having trouble with doing cardio. I run out of breath very fast. I had thought that after a couple months back in the gym the lung function would start coming back but I really haven't seen it yet. I'm still going though and still pushing hoping that will change soon.

I'm going to start some supplements soon but am still researching some protien/weight gainers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations