Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
wat

Yeah, I was considering getting myself an iPod. But I normally just go with a friend to take my mind off of it. And another thing is, the bar that is at the gym is much bigger and longer than I'm used to. I started benching over the summer and did it like once a week and went from 85 to 125 in 3 months, but at the gym I dont even think I can get 115 because the bar is so huge, so that adds to the embarassment. I'm not even out of shape, my abs just need help..everything else is good.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:08 PM
New Guy

Most people there wont judge you tho
at every gym that ive been to people are always there to help you no matter how strong you are

if someone is looking at you funny and laughing o well they had to start sometime too
Old 12-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Respected, period.

Bar weighs 45 lbs, so you can put the weight on accordingly. Having an iPod or other form of music playing device is nice. At least until you meet and make some friends. Its a lot easier if you have a friend to go with you. My best friend and I started together at this gym and now I know just about everyone that is there at night. We've grown from our 2, to 5 or 6 and now about 15 people. We give each other tips on new exercises, supplements, spots and the all important "PUSH IT!!!!" when we need it.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-28-2005, 06:06 PM
wat

haha Yeah, my 3 closest friends are members at the Y so we call go when we can..so that helps quite a bit. We just cant always manage to get everyone there at once, but during the summer we should be alot better about it. I think once this next semester starts we may be able to do it more often because we all have some of the same classes at the same times so we'll be able to go together, and that will help me alot. I just need to push myself to get up early and run now..
Old 12-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Weeeee!

I didn't pay much attention to the previous Support thread (Sorry Vike) I now realize it was about loosing weight and anyone that has seen me knows I need to do a lot of that. I joined a local Lifetime fitness center over the summer and I went for about a good 2 months and now have dropped out. I aim to go back after the first of the year to hit the weights again and loose a few lbs. (Hopefully). I'll report in some of my progress when I get started. Right now I have to finish my #2 from Mickey D's
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:02 PM

Respected, period.

Haha, enjoy the Mickey D's Dre. Little bit more than just about losing weight. That was why Vike created it and why he posted but for others it was about gaining weight, muscle weight mainly. I just want everyone to know that this is for more than just weight loss, its general physical health help. I don't need to lose weight, I can do that rather easily. I have trouble gaining. So anybody who likes to workout, has helpful pointers, are stuck at a certain point or want help starting a new plan, post here and we'll try to help as much as we can.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
wat

I'm the same as you nut..I dont think at 5'7 140 I need to lost much weight..I just need to build muscle..
Old 12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Weeeee!

Well if gaining weight is what ya want I had to do that all through HS so any tips needed let me know. Best way to do it to pack on solid muscle mass is Tuna and white rice every 2 hours.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The main purpose of the original support thread was for some support in losing weight, sticking to a program and following it through. Sometimes, your friends or family at work, although good intentioned, don't really help you that much. Here, we can give words of encouragement, back each up and generally let each other know what we're doing and how well we're doing...besides, why just brag over paintball accomplishments.

A few of my goals for this year are to lose an extra 20 pounds, while packing on some more muscle, get a ripped ab (at least a 4 pk by March) start running again and to get back to a 7 minute mile...
Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Cool I was wondering if this thread was coming back or not!

K my story!

Last year right before summer 5'7" weighted in around 160-162 lb's with my ab's showing!

After going to the pool all summer and not the gym dropped down to 148 lb's

One thing I never do is weigh myself until somebody make's a comment on me putting on muscle. I just never do it as my weightlifting is just for my benefit and I'm not one to do it for any other reason but my health but my dad notice I was putting on muscle (finally I was getting a little discouraged) and actually weighed myself tuesday night and I was back up to 156 lbs' but my ab's are not showing hardly! That's ok though as I feel like that is just the first of my gain's......

Keep up the good work guy's and if anybody need's any help let me know! JB.