Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2006, 08:13 AM
That's my baby brother.

Default Re: Support Thread version 2.0

hey guys i juast looked at this thread today and it looks pretty cool. Well um im pretty fat and i dont have a gym by me that i can go to im only 12 so yeah i want to lose weight to play paintball and be in some more sports i wiegh about 150 pounds and im only 12 thats pretty fat and im short to like 4'9 so yeah im a fat little kid i was just wonderign how i can slim down i dont want to go on a diet or anything i mean like can i run around the block every morning or what just give some stuff i can do im sick of kids making fun of me for being fat.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I'm starting back on the plan today. I worked all week to get rid of whatever junk we had in the house, and psyched myself up to get back on the horse. My wife is "supposed" to start with me, but we'll see about that.

I think if I just get moving, I'll be fine. With long hours and short daylight, I've kinda burned myself out. I bought some new dumbells and it's been getting warmer so I can start running again...
Old 01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Being 4'9" and 12 I'd say just get active! Go out running, ride a bike, get yourself involved in activites and you will shed that weight away! When you play paintball play aggressive run to the 40/50 everytime if your playing wood's run run run to every bunker you use!

At your age just get active and you will be fine!

Eating healthy help's too but I don't know how to give advice to a 12 year old on dieting sorry!

JB.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 AM
That's my baby brother.

yeah i know not dieting just like how to get active i mean im playign paintball and baseball but like im not seeing a difference and hell no will i every get on a diet.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I'd pick up another sport just to keep you active all the time! Go join a martial art's school or something like that! Baseball is a great sport but it's not one that's gonna get you lean!

JB.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
That's my baby brother.

well im never leaving baseball so thats out of the question but im probaly starting pop warner football that will be fun.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:39 AM

Respected, period.

Get on the bike, thats an excellent way to exercise. Go on bike rides everyday. Anything that will increase you're heart rate will help. Your weight isn't going to come off all at once so you are going to have to be patient and dedicated. Like JB said continue your baseball but pick something else up. Martial arts, basketball, football, soccer, anything that is going require you to move around a lot and get your heart going. At your age you don't want to be doing any weight training, this could damage muscle tissue, tendons, ligaments and bone structure which you will pay for later in life. Also because you are so young you don't really want to "Diet". You need all the calories you take because you are growing still. I suggest you just watch what you eat and make good choices. Cut down on the sugar intake, like soda and candy, and increase your vegetable and fruit intake. At school if they don't have a healthy choice for the lunch, make your own and bring it everyday. I know that might not seem "cool" and some kids might tease you but you are trying to better yourself so who cares what they say.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 AM
That's my baby brother.

thanks shunut that helped ill stay away form the sweets and stuff and try to eat a little healtheir and most importantly get alot of exerscise. At how old should i start liftign weights.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:02 AM

Respected, period.

You really shouldn't start lifting weights until you are 18, at least thats what most journals and trainers will tell you. You can dabble in it a little before then but nothing extreme and I would wait at least until you are in high school and start going through puberty.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-27-2006, 09:53 AM
That's my baby brother.

hahah lol oh yeah and i ahvent been through puberty either yet i forget to metion that.