Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Going lower pressure help needed

I am trying to go lower pressure with my spyder victor imagine. Was mechanical, now electronic e99 frame with aftermarket trigger. ACP low flow bolt. Hammer is stock currently. Valve is 32 degrees hi flow with brass cup seal (has delrin backside). Check it 15 deg assault block and max flow reg. Gun is recocking fine at about 360 or so. 2 problems though-

1- air leak up into the barrel. Cup seal? That is what the guy at the pb store said. Problem only started with the e trigger and the assault block. Cup seal is brand new.

2.- Getting some periods of full auto when walking the trigger fast. No problems so far with recocking though.

I am thinking that I may need a stronger valve spring or different hammer to fix the problem. The stock hammer is for a mech frame afterall. Dark Horizons....... hmmm.

Any help is appreciated. Dan
Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Here, there, everywhere!

Default Re: Going lower pressure help needed

Does it leak less when the marker is cocked? if so, it probably is the cup seal or valve spring. Might be that the valve spring needs to be longer for the assault block, or that the new cup seal needs to be seated. I would check the depth of the spring seat in the block vs the factory v/a...if all is well, get another cup seal and make sure the valve seat isen't knicked.
You might need to check the sear return spring on your e frame, as well as the striker edge where the sear catches it....My guess is when you are cycling the frame fast that the sear can't get back fast enough, or that one of the edges that it catches on isen't as sharp as it should be...
Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 12-25-2007, 07:57 AM

Mostly solved one problem, now have another. I double check the valve and discovered it was upside down . Put it back together and now the leak is almost undetectable with the bolt forward. Disappears with the bolt back. So I think it just needs to be broken in. But......

Now the bolt won't recock. One trigger pull and it jackhammers. I even turned the pressure up from where it was previously. Now close to 400 psi. Any help?

It is just so weird that with the valve upside down it would recock just fine and now it doesn't. Even though it had an air leak. Dan
Old 12-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

with the valve, mine does that too (modded stock valve) and im pretty sure that theres damage on the valve body, because i've swapped pins and cupseals with my other gun. have you tried polishing the face of the valve so that it gets a better seal with the cupseal?
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-26-2007, 04:44 AM

Yep I polished it. I will try some more. I may just put the stock VA back on and see what happens with the standard pressure for co2. Luckily, things go together fast on the spyder. My ion is another matter.
Dan
Old 12-28-2007, 06:16 PM

The 32 degrees cup seal was backing out from the threading. So I replaced with the stock delrin. Worked but still had a cup seal leak. Put the originals back in the now the leak is awful. Thinking of going back to the assault block now that I have loctited the brass cup seal. Going to have to replace the orings on the valve body secondary to damage from disassembling and reassembling so many times. The gun was functioning at about 380 psi though. That was cool. I just wish that my local shop did tech work. I am an adult and I make a good living so I really don't need to put up with this crap. Way too frustrating at this time. Don't even ask about my ion . Too bad no one is willing to trade a custom knife for tech work? (Otter?) http://frazee.blademakers.com Dan

I put it back together today and it worked! May have to adjust velocity at the field but for now it is running good at about 380 psi with CO2! I am stoked. Playing tomorrow!

Last edited by IronMonkey : 12-29-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 AM

Gun shot great. Eventually I will have to upgrade the board for eyes and do the eyes etc. I outshot the hopper and broke a ball in the breach. Accuracy went to crap after that. Just too lazy to clean out the breach. Effeciency went way up! I used one tank and got almost 2000 rounds from a 20oz CO2 tank. The reg I am using I know I will have to replace. It is a reg from a shocker - maxflo. Not really good with CO2. Probably going to look for a Palmer if I can find a deal on one. Right now a purple one is about 85 bucks shipped. Going to need to sell the ion or part it out to pay for that. Dan